Chapter 16 (Let's Go Home)

(Y/N)'s POV

After that warm-to-hot meal, I decided to go wherever Rosie's mind was taking me. Hearing the Blackpink picking Hana and took her home, I could assume that they were close to Hana. And to think someone that young could have friends like... a bunch of great singers...

I knew she'd be safe, though. From Lisa, the devilish maknae before she planned any ridiculous thing to the innocent kid...

The chipmunk dragged across half of the building as we searched for a reason to stay in this mall, yet we found one... two... umm- none. Because one, it was getting dark. And two, I could notice that Rosie was getting tired too.

Her way of walking showed how tired she was after exploring this giant thing and her eyes were half closed.

Maybe because she cried back at the café. I should get us home as soon as possible.

"H-Hey, wanna go home now? You look tired..." Rosie who noticed me getting concerned about her, immediately put on her bright face to cover her exhaustion.

"No! No, I'm okay, really. See? I'm all good." Her once tired face was now covered with her immediate smile. Hilarious, yet not convincing.

Well, the only way to make her rest... "Well, let's go home. I'm actually tired too." Involve yourself.

"Wait, no dinner?" Dinner? She actually wanted to have a... dinner- with me?! "I'm hungry, you know!" she showed me her cute puffy cheeks, in need of food so badly that she had to put up her puppy eyes. Deadly, yet effective.

She looked really disappointed

She looked really disappointed. In the wrong way... I didn't really know whether she tried to show her disappointment or her cuteness...

I tried to think with my sleepy head, where should I bring her with my wallet condition? I didn't want to starve for the next few days either.

Come on, genius! Think, what kind of meal would you get for this little chipmunk without getting yourself killed in the next couple days?

"What about we cook it?" I tried.

What a silly idea. Why would someone like her, enjoy homemade coo- "Homemade cooking?! Oh my god, finally! Been forever since I heard someone offering that to me."

Okay...

But I only saw happiness in her eyes which sent chills through my eyes. And her cheerful tone was so melodious to my ears. "Tell me, tell me, what are we gonna cook?" she poked my hand with her little finger. "Beef? Soup? Salad? Porridge?" The chipmunk looked like a smiling puppy looking at so many scooby snacks.

"Hahaha ha hmm" I never thought I'd get this far. Mmmm, what does she even like?! I tried to trace back my moments with Rosie.

And the only time she ate with me was when I was at the restaurant and that café back when we were at the park.