𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑝ℎ𝑒𝑐𝑦

𝙾𝙽𝙻𝚈 𝙹𝙰𝚂𝙾𝙽, Rachel, and Chiron was there to witness the fight between Lorna and Annabeth. So of course, the whole camp knew about it.

Everywhere Lorna went, she heard campers whispering about the fight. Lorna wanted to slap all their faces with a whip of water but she controlled herself.

Lorna sat on the amphitheater steps, alone under her banner. Percy wasn't here with her and she couldn't help but notice it. He would always sit on her right, obnoxiously singing along to the songs. Since only there were only two of them in their cabin, activities were always spent together. They would make weapons together, spar together, and go for a swim at the beach together.

Lorna remembered the time when Percy dived into the water and came back with shells in his hands. They started to do silly competitions: who could make each other laugh more, who could attract the most dolphins, etc. Winning a competition earned you a shell. Lorna glanced at her own bracelet. The frayed yarn had 14 shells handing on them. Lorna couldn't remember how many Percy had, but she was sure that Percy had more than her.

A figure sat down on Lorna's left. She raised her head to see Jason.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked.

Lorna shook her head sadly. "The only person who would sit here is gone."

Jason kept quiet at that comment.

Lorna chuckled to keep the air between them light. "Oh, I'll find him. He can't live without me for a week, max."

"Egoistical much?"

"Judgy much?"

Jason held his hands up in a surrendering pose. "I'm all about inclusivity."

In the backgroud, everybody was singing a song about pieces of armor and how their grandma got dressed for war. They made gestures for the pieces of armor and joking around. It was kind of corny and fun. As the energy level got higher, the flames did too, turning from red to orange to gold.

Finally the song ended with a lot of rowdy applause. Chiron trotted up. He brandished a spear impaled with toasted marshmallows.

"Very nice! And a special welcome to our new arrivals. I am Chiron, camp activities director, and I'm happy you have all arrived here alive and with most of your limbs attached. In a moment, I promise we'll get to the s'mores, but first- "

"What about capture the flag?" somebody yelled.

Grumbling broke out among some Ares kids.

"Yes," the centaur said. "I know the Ares cabin is anxious to return to the woods for our regular games."

"And kill people!" one of them shouted.

"However," Chiron said, "until the dragon is brought under control, that won't be possible. Cabin Nine, anything to report on that?"

Nyssa stood uncomfortably. She wore an army jacket with her hair covered in a red bandanna. "We're working on it."

More grumbling.

"How, Nyssa?" an Ares kid demanded.

"Really hard," the girl said. Nyssa sat down to a lot of yelling and complaining, which caused the fire to sputter chaotically.

Chiron stamped his hoof against the fire pit stones- bang, bang, bang- and the campers fell silent.

"We will have to be patient," Chiron said. "In the meantime, we have more pressing matters to discuss."