Chapter 3

A week after Silva and the Solarians were attacked and the Burned one responsible for Saul's infection was still out there. Teams and troops were sent after it. They tried to track it down but each time it led to a no end.

It had been a rough week for both Sky and Audrey. Though both seemed to be handling it well, they were wrecked. Sleepless nights from the worry, tiring days training and no good news coming back.

Audrey had thought a million times what would have happened if she had stayed back. She could have killed the Burned One that caused that and Silva would be okay now.

Audrey was currently in her first and only class for the day. Control with Farah.

"Can you leave the others untouched?" Farah asks looking down at Bloom, indicating for her to light the matches on fire. "Impressive Beatrix. Keep it up"

"Got it Miss D" Beatrix replies smiling brightly but her face falls as she realises what she's done.

"Headmistress Dowling," she corrects herself when Farah gives her a questioning look.

"Audrey" the air fairy calls her name and shaking her off her thoughts, asking her to do the same as Bloom. "Should we expect the class to get on fire?" Beatrix mutters lowly which didn't go unnoticed by the fire fairy.

"No, but your hair might" Audrey replies as she leaned against the table, her hand on her head, before her eyes glow red and only a match lights up, the fire not moving around the others.

Everyone gave her an impressed look. No need for deep breaths or meditation. No need for concentration to do magic, something uncommon between the first years

Farah looked at the strawberry blonde girl with a smile on her lips. It looked like she had done something right all those years that she kept her in that lake house. And Audrey...

She had finally embraced who she was.

As soon as Farah released them, Audrey headed to the specialists' field, in search of Silva. He had gone back to training young specialists and walking around the school to keep himself busy. He couldn't stay in bed all day.

"I won't be here for too long-"

"Don't say that" she interrupts him. They were both seated by the platform on the river. "No, I have to say it" Silva exclaims making a sigh escape her lips.

"I won't be here for too long and I promised to your father that you'll have me by your side during your training." he states. "Are you kidding me? My training is the last thing I'm thinking right now, Saul. With monsters and fairies , that I can deal with. But with losing more people, I can't"

"You can deal with anything, Audrey. Even losing me" he smiled weekly holding her hand as she shook her head. "I might not have been the best uncle but I tried"

"You've been more of a father than my actual father, Saul. You and Farah are my only people in this world. I'm not ready to let you go" she admits, her voice low and weak as tears formed in her eyes.

"You still have Farah, you always had her. And now you'll have Sky too" he exclaims causing Audrey to give him a questioning look. "Oh, come on. Don't tell me that nothing is going on, I know when the children I raised are in love" he laughs.

"We're not in love. He's with Stella." Audrey argues rolling her eyes at him. "Besides, you're supposed to tell me to stay away from boy drama, not to find me a boyfriend"

"Are you kidding me? I've been rooting for this relationship since Sky started asking me questions about you"

Sky who was sitting on a bench at the other side of the field along with Stella and Riven, was watching the interaction of the two. Still wondering how they've become so close.

"Stop worrying, he's going to be fine," Stella says to her boyfriend before placing a kiss on his cheek and leaving to head back to the class.

"She must be mind-blowing, right?" Riven asks sitting a little closer to Sky. "Or does she do weird shit with her tongue" he adds, his hands moving along as he speaks with excitement.

"What are you talking about?" Sky asks his best friend confused, his gaze still glued at the pair across the field. "I'm just trying to figure out why the fuck did you start things up with her again"

"Especially when she is around" Riven points out, his finger pointed at the strawberry blonde girl talking with Silva. "Stella's crazy hot, yeah, but the emphasis is squarely on crazy"

Sky blocked out Riven's rumbling as he still stared at the fire fairy. Riven's words replaying in his mind. Was she really in the picture? Could they be a thing? But again, his mind wasn't on the right place right now. He had to find a way to help Silva.

"It's butt stuff, she lets you do butt stuff," Riven finally blurts out with enthusiasm. "Shut up Riven" Sky replies rolling his eyes before pushing him off the bench laughing.

"I wouldn't blame her for your shitty spare last week, I know you and Silva are close," he says sitting back on the bench beside him. "I- I got to run, ok?" Sky says standing up and walking after Silva and Audrey who were walking towards the greenhouse after Silva got a message on his phone.

He found the fire fairy outside the greenhouse, waiting while Harvey was talking with Silva and Farah. A couple of minutes later, the headmistress along with the teacher walked out, telling the two teenagers to go inside so they'd have a private talk with Saul.

"They will complete the mission, they will kill it" Silva explains to the two as he was sitting on the examination table. "The only question is when" he adds.

"What do you mean?" Sky asks shaking his head tiredly. "The infection is spreading quickly now... when it reaches my heart-" Silva tries to explain.

"How long do you have?" Audrey asks with a harsh tone, not wanting to hear more about what will happen if they don't find the burned one. "I don't know. But not long" he admits.

"So, what do we do?" Sky asks with a worried face, his voice cracking. "I've talked with teachers about your training and-" Audrey scoffs before turning around and walking out of the greenhouse.

She hated how Silva ignored the fact that he'd be gone in a while. He might have accepted it but the people around him hadn't.

Some minutes later Sky found her sitting by the river close to the specialists' field. "Do you still want to try a specialist's training?" He asks looking down at her. His expression something Audrey found difficult to read.

They both walked in silence as Sky led her towards the mat. He handed her a practise sword and took one for himself before they started sparing. Audrey had been taught by Silva how to use some basic weapons and to fight, so she could keep up with Sky.

A lot of things were crossing her mind while studying Sky's moves. He was angry with himself. He had been preparing for a moment like this for his whole life yet he couldn't do anything to help the man that raised him.

With one move, Sky managed to remove the sword from Audrey's hands making the girl make the fight physical. The two fought until Sky managed to pin her down.

"Stealing my partner now?" Riven jokes walking closer to the mat. Audrey rolled her eyes at the brunette hopping off the matt after gathering her things.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for the party?" the specialist asks the fire fairy. "I'm not Stella, Riven. One hour is enough for me to get ready for something I don't even want to go to"