Chapter 6

The next couple of days passed rather quickly. There was something going on with the teachers yet Audrey couldn’t put her finger on it. But she also couldn’t care less for their problems since she felt under the weather herself.

The fire fairy was at the cafeteria eating her lunch alone since her suitemates were with Aisha in Farah’s office. The water fairy had decided to work as the secretary after Callum left for a couple of days.

Her gaze was glued on her food when she heard someone sitting on her table. Audrey looked up only to see Beatrix, Riven and Dane sitting at the opposite side.

"Hello, beautiful" Beatrix says giving her a seductive smile  making Audrey roll her eyes. “I though I had made my intentions about you three pretty clear” Audrey states looking among them.

It was true. After Beatrix’s story and her fight with Riven, Audrey didn’t even looked at the brunette specialist. She never liked Beatrix and made that very known. And Dane was just there, she didn’t care about him.

“I told you, Beatrix. Now let’s go” Riven mutters looking at the girl but she doesn’t listen.  "Oh come on, we can be friends," Beatrix says and Audrey scoffs. “No, thanks”

“Yeah, sorry I forgot. You don’t do friends” Beatrix states as Audrey raises from her seat, taking her tray in her hands. “Like you don’t do siblings.”

“Your poor sister, she would be here if she wasn’t dead” The air fairy says rather loudly, earning everyone’s attention. Audrey stopped right on her tracks  her fingers gripping the plastic tray tightly. “Or better say if you hadn’t killed her”

Gasps and whispers echoed around the room and the sound of something breaking. Quickly everyone turned their attentions back to the fire fairy whose tray had just fallen to the floor.

Audrey shut her eyes closed, trying to stop them from glowing. She had just melted her tray, causing it to break in three pieces. The dishes were all on the floor and the girl was left with the handles in hands and smoke coming out of them.

Watching the scene, Sky quickly got up from the table he was sitting on the other side of the room and started walking slowly towards the girl.

Whatever was left from the dishes and tray light up on fire, causing panic to spread around. The flame moved towards Beatrix, circling her. Beatrix gasped for air, bringing her hand to her throat as she felt like someone was choking her.

Riven looked at Audrey with wide eyes, not knowing how to act. His gaze fell to Sky was walking towards them but he looked pretty lost himself.

“Audrey stop, please” Riven says calmly.  The fire fairy turned to look at him. Her red glowing eyes fell on his after so many days. And that’s when Audrey realized what she was doing. When she saw the fear in Riven’s eyes.

Riven was scared of her.

Audrey quickly let go of Beatrix. The air fairy dropped to the floor, coughing  as she tried to catch her breath.

“Never talk about my sister again because the next time he won’t be able to stop me from burning YOU alive” Audrey says, her voice full of venom.

The fire was out once she walked out of the cafeteria. She walked through the empty corridors of the school in a hurry, wanting to avoid everyone and their indiscreet questions.

Sky who saw what had happened, followed close behind her, yet not looking able to catch up. Not before the girl was already in the suite and in her room.

As soon as the specialist entered the suite, he could hear loud thuds  and things breaking. When he opened the door of Audrey’s room he saw the girl sitting on the floor, her back leaned against the wall as she had her legs close to her chest and her head down, crying.

“Hey” he whispers softly, closing the door behind him and walking father unto the room. “Sky, please leave, I don’t want to hurt you” Audrey says between her sobs.

It wasn’t the first time Audrey had one of this outbursts. Triggering her powers was very easy and she knew that. She wasn’t in control at the moment and having anyone around her put them in danger.

But Sky did nothing than ignoring her warns and walked closer, looking out of the broken pieces of glass and scattered things on the floor.

“I’m not scared, Audrey. You wouldn’t hurt me” Sky exclaims walking closer. Audrey’s eyes glowed red without her controlling it, making the girl shake her head wanting to make it stop.

A strong wind blew inside the room and Sky felt the floor shaking beneath him as he looked surprised around him at what some strong feelings could cause.

Sky sat beside her on the floor, making her scout away. But the blonde specialist just took her arm and pulled her close to him, embracing her in a tight hug.

Audrey sobbed as she fought him for a second before finally stopping and accepting all the love and affection Sky was willing to offer.

“Shhh, it’s okay ” he whispers softly in her ear, his hand in her hair. “You won’t hurt me Audrey, I know it” he exclaims, his voice firm sounding so sure of himself.

“God, you’re shaking” Sky mutters under his breath feeling how she did uncontrollably while having her in his arms. “It’ll pass  just give me some time alone, please” Audrey replies, still crying.

“I think we should go to Dowling” Sky exclaims making Audrey shake her head. “No, I’m fine. I just need some time” the girl replies. “You have already told me what that means, get up” Sky orders, pulling her up as he remembers that even if she wasn’t fine, Audrey would admit it. And right now she was not fine.

Sky holding Audrey tight in his arms, leading her through the corridors of the school. Noticing how they were all empty, probably the people had already evacuated the school after what looked like an earthquake.

"We need your help," Sky says walking in Farah’s office. Farah who was talking with Silva immediately walks towards the pair worried, seeing Audrey’s state.

“What happened?” she asks and tries to touch Audrey’s arm but is quick to pull away when she feels heat radiating off of her. “Audrey, you’re burning up” the Headmistress exclaims holding her hand.

“I’m sorry I don’t control it” Audrey sighs looking at Farah apologetically. “I know love. It’s okay” she replies softly wanting to calm her down.

“Sky, place her on the couch” Silva orders the young specialist, noticing that he was the only one able to hold the fire fairy without getting burned. “What happened?”

“Beatrix” Sky replies to Silva’s question. “Audrey, I want you to let me in, okay?” Farah asks standing before the girl. Audrey nods.

"Come on, Sky. Let’s give them some privacy” Silva grabs Sky’s arm, wanting to pull him out of the room. But Sky was quick to free himself from his grip.

“No, I’m not leaving her” Sky states still sitting beside her on the couch. Silva’s eyes fall subconsciously on his hands, noticing that he was still holding Audrey’s hand and realizing that he was probably the reason why the fire fairy hadn’t blew everything up yet.

Both fairies’ eyes glowed as they looked at each other. From afar it looked  like they were having a stare contest yet what was happening was a lot more complicated than that.

Farah was going through Audrey’s head, watching her memories and taking away all of the feelings, negative or not, from the last hour.

Strong wind blew in the room as the two fought for dominance, Audrey’s walls building up once again and not letting Farah do what she had to.

“Don’t fight it!” Farah orders harshly. Audrey takes a deep breath, closing her eyes before opening them again and looking at Farah. Everything coming back to normal as doing so.

Audrey fell back on the couch exhausted and breathing heavily when Farah was finish.

“You’ve been having visions again” Farah exclaims looking down at the girl with a judgemental look. Audrey nods. “I told you to inform if that happened again”

“I thought it was nothing to worry about-“

“Until you saw Sky and the Burned one in the woods” Farah interrupts her. “Next time you see something, you come to me immediately”

“Okay” Audrey replies with a low voice before exiting the room, leaving behind a confused Sky and Silva.

“What should I do with the students?” Silva asks looking at Farah, remembering that they had all the Alfeans outside the building for precautions.

“Tell Harvey to let them in. It was just Audrey” Farah sighs frustrated sitting back at her desk. “I don’t understand” Sky exclaims looking between the two adults.

“How can she do that?” the specialist asks. “Audrey is a fairy of elements, Sky.” Farah replies. “This kind of fairies are able to control not only their element but others too. It’s something you practice over the years and master at some point”

“But Audrey can’t fully control fire”
“That’s something Audrey should explain to you herself” Farah replies and the boy nods before leaving the office. Sky looked around for her, looking at her favourite spots one by one until ending up by the river.

It was rather far from the school so not many students went there, making it one of the quietest places in Alfea. And that’s what she needed. Quiet.

Sky sat beside her and remained silent. Even though he had hundreds of questions about what he heard from Beatrix and Farah, he didn’t ask not one.

“I’ve lied to you, Sky” Audrey sighs, a confused look forming on the specialist’s face. “My relationship with my parents is not complicated because they live in the First World. They in fact live somewhere in Linphea and I haven’t spent actual time with them since I was 6”

“I had a twin, a sister. We were still babies when she- when I-“ Audrey stops herself. She takes a deep breath, trying to calm down before speaking up again.

“I don’t know how but I burned her alive when we were babies. I light our room in fire. I actually didn’t know until I was 11. That’s when I got the first vision. It was a memory someone burned in my head.”

Sky moved closer, wrapping his arms around her small frame and pulling her to his chest. Audrey leaned against him and Sky placed a soft kiss on her head.

“I know Farah and Silva so good because they raised me. My parents gave me to Farah when I was 6 so I could train with her and learn how to control my magic. They check up on me from time to time but we’re not close”

“Thank you for sharing this for me” Sky mutters looking at the river, keeping his eyes away from hers, knowing that he would cry himself if he looked in them.

“Thank you for listening” Audrey replies tracing circles with her fingers on his arm that was placed loosely around her. “Always”

“Seriously, Sky, you have helped me so much with everything. I don’t know what I would do if you weren’t here when Silva was sick or today when-“

“Stop. I’m telling you. I’ll always be here for you like you’ve been for me. Because, Audrey, I don’t know what I would do too if you weren’t here.” Sky exclaims making the girl look at him.

“I think you are my person, Audrey” he says softly, looking into her green eyes.

“I think you are my person too, Sky”