Chapter 16

After Bloom let go of her, Audrey found herself wandering around the school and finally arriving to the one place she knew it'd make her feel better. The fairy walked through the specialists' field with only one purpose.

Find Riven

The boy was sparing with another specialist on the last platform, the one far away from the rest. As soon as he spotted her, Riven stopped the fight and got off the platform, approaching the girl with a smile on his lips.

She was finally there.

His smile however disappeared as soon as he noticed her puffy eyes and red nose from all the crying.

"What happened?" he asks taking her face into his hands. "I'm fine, I promise" Audrey replies, avoiding to reply his actual question. Riven knew better than push her to answer him. So he decided to let it slide. She was there and that meant progress.

"Come on, I've missed a good spar" he smiled at her, placing his arm over her shoulder and leading her towards the platform.

And that's what she loved about Riven. He was always there for her with the way she needed him to. No asking questions, no pushing her do anything she doesn't want. Because Riven wasn't trying to heal the fairy inside her, he wasn't trying to help her get her magic back. He liked her as if. He accepted her and all the mess that came along with her.

"You've gotten rusty, Aud. Where are your moves?" Riven chuckled as the girl dropped to the ground. "What's on your mind now?" he asks once again throwing the sword to the floor and sitting beside her.

"Riven, what happened that night? In that tower?" she asks keeping her gaze on the floor. The specialist was wondering when that question would come. When Audrey woke up she couldn't remember anything after the part where she locked herself in that room.

"After I got Beatrice out, I started looking for you and Musa. It was you I found first" Riven exclaims pointing at the girl. "But you weren't completely unconscious. You were ready to pass out from exhaustion. You were bleeding a lot from your shoulder. I freaked out. But it was your life on the line, I couldn't afford it."

"Audrey, stay with me, please" Riven pleaded holding the girl in his arms. His hand placed on her wound, trying to stop the bleeding. "Riven" she whispered his name, opening slowly her eyes to look into his green ones.

"It's almost over, love. Just stay with me a little more. I'm taking you home" he told her, moving to pick her up. The fire fairy shook her head slowly. "Musa, she's somewhere out there" Audrey says with a week voice.

"I'm not leaving you" Riven states shaking his head, knowing well that she wanted him to go find her first. The sound of the scrapers approaching once more made the specialist shut the door of the room immediately.

"She's hurt and trapped, Riven." the fire fairy breathed heavily. "You can come back for me. It's not like I can go anywhere"

"I don't even know where she is, Audrey. By the time I find her you might both be dead. Let me take you out first and I'll return for her. You know I will"

Audrey said nothing. She just placed her hand on the ground, her fingertips touching it softly. The flooring glowed as a flame appeared. It moved past the door and somewhere outside.

"Follow it" She whispered.

"You led me to Musa" Riven explains looking at the girl. "And no scraper touched me. I could walk past them without any of them being able to hurt me." the boy says. "Audrey when I left you locked in that room you had your magic. You helped me get out. And when I left you, you were already bitten"