Chapter 19

Bloom was inside the school, carrying out the mission she had set for herself. The specialists had already spread out on the field, the same field they used to train on every day, fighting the other specialists, the ones that were captured and manipulated by the Blood Witches.

Stella, Terra and Aisha were standing a couple meters away from the battle. They were watching the specialists doing what they were meant to do while they could nothing more than wait. Flora needed all the attention from the scrapers on her so they couldn't use their magic.

Audrey was standing close too. She was trying to concentrate, gathering all the information she could from her bond with Bloom. Everything Sebastian was willing to give.

"Exactly Bloom. Your own mother put you in stasis thousand years ago. She didn't want the Dragon Flame to exist so she made sure you and Audrey wouldn't. I don't know how you two woke up the moment you did. I don't know how the Hayden's got you but they're not your parents. Your parents died, thousand years ago, when you were born"

Audrey's eyes widen at that. Was that really true? She asked herself. Or was it just Sebastian playing his game once again.

"You'll give me the Dragon Flame or he dies" Sebastian said and Bloom turned to look at something. "Sky" she whispered out of breath at the sight of the blond boy hanging off the balcony from some veins.

Audrey broke the bond there, unable to listen whatever more Sebastian would say. He had Sky, he had Bloom, he had Alfea. He had everything.

Her heart was beating loudly inside her chest, making her feel that it would jump out any moment now. She looked around, feeling as helpless as ever. The groans and screams of pain coming for the battle field some meters away finally reached her ears. How the swords clanged as they hit each other. Her breathing grew heavy.

How did they come to this?

Audrey pulled herself out of this mess, she couldn't afford it now. She looked around and noticed that Musa had finally reached the battle field as well which only meant one thing. Flora was done, she made it. To make sure that the plan actually worked she searched for her suitemates in the crowd, watching Stella making them invisible in order to go inside.

Audrey closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "It's time" she said to herself. When she reopened them, her green orbs had turned orange, her fairy colour. The earth shook and the wind blew as she felt her wings forming at her back.

Everyone was surprised by the turn the weather had taken but what surprised them even more was that the specialists who were controlled by the Blood Witches had fallen to the ground unconscious.

Riven turned to look at Silva with furrowed eyebrows, he didn't know what was happening. But he did learn once his trainer pointed behind them, at the fairy standing before them. A smile creeped on his lips as he realised that Audrey was the one doing this.

"Fuck yeah!" he yelled and all the specialists cheered with him. "Take as many as you can and go" Audrey ordered before making her way into the school. Riven and Musa wanted to say to her that they wouldn't leave her. That she didn't have to do this alone. But Silva stopped them before they could prevent her from entering the building.

"She has to do this"

If she was anything like her friends, she would go in quietly, so Sebastian wouldn't notice. But Audrey wasn't her friends and she definitely wasn't going inside quietly.

Entering the room where everyone was gathered she couldn't miss the blindng and colourfull wings that were on her friends' backs. They trasformed she figured as she looked at them in awe. They made it. 

"You can't kill me without Bloom's magic. You see Bloom, even the Dragon Flame has its limit" Sebastian chuckled looking around him, laughing right at their faces as they circled him. "Maybe for her, yes it has" Audrey made herself noticeable.

Sebastian's smile fell and worry filled his eyes. He tried to remain stoic but Audrey could see it, he was scared. The other fairies stood down, their wings disappearing as they got worried themselves. Audrey looked pretty intimidating right now. Fire eyes, fire wings, the look of a murderer on her face.

"This is not possible, you had no magic" Sebastian shook his head in disbelief. "Hadn't I?" Audrey asked. "You know it took me some time to realise too. That your scrapers never managed to get the Dragon Flame from me. Stupid thing to think really considering they would explode if they even tried to steal it."

"And here we are, aren't we? No scrapers, no soldiers, just us. You and me" Audrey spoke softly as her eyes glowed once again and the building shook as fire circled her and Sebastian. "Audrey, you don't want this, you know you don't"

"Oh but I do" she replied stepping closer and closer to him. One step forward for Audrey two steps back for Sebastian. "You'll kill everyone around you!" he yelled as he tried to back away from her. "I think I'll just kill you"

With a flick of her arms, Audrey sent him to the wall, a loud thud echoed around. Vines appeared capturing him in a tight grip just as he had done with Sky. Sebastian's face went red as he felt the air being knocked out of his chest. His body spasmed at the luck of oxygen. He tried to free himself with no luck.

"Audrey" Stella called for her, her voice filled with worry. Wanting to free the realm was one thing, but torturing a man and giving him a death as painful as possible was another. Stella didn't know if Audrey was aware of what she was actually doing or if the so called Dragon Flame had made her mad. But she was worried. 

"Audrey, let him go" Aisha said and Audrey seemed to think about it as she tilted her head, looking Sebastian with curiosity. How long could he take this really? Audrey realised him and Sebastian fell to the floor coughing, trying to breath in as much oxygen as he could. 

The fire fairy was looking at him, waiting for his next move. And when he raised his arm, probably to use his own magic, Audrey burned it making him scream in pain. His groans of pain turned to chuckles and laughter and for a moment Audrey really thought that Sebastian was crazy. That he was as sane as she was. 

"You're a nasty piece of work, aren't you little Audrey?" he laughed. "You had us all believe that you were helpless. Perhaps Bloom was the wrong one to be put in stasis" 

"What can I say, I've been always told that I'm a special one" she whispered to him before fliking her fingers. The sound of bones breaking echoed around the room. Sebastian dropped t othe floor dead. Audrey had broken his neck.

"I had good teachers after all"