Pt. 3 I want to sit with you

ALEXIS

Alexis frowned at the weather app the following night. It had poured all day, and the cold remnants of winter reared its ugly head. Sadly, no shorts, so sweatpants would have to do.

Her mind wandered to last night. She wasn't sure if what happened was real or just a really fantastic dream. As soon as she had agreed to continue watching, exhaustion had taken hold of her worn-out body. The last she remembered was resting her head against his big shoulder and feeling utterly content. Maybe a giant hand had rested on her thigh, but she couldn't be sure.

Had they made progress last night? Or had it just been a really great dream? She didn't know.

Alexis bit down on her lower lip as she played through the details again. Her drink was forgotten on the kitchen island. Just as she was about to go over it again, Wolf walked into the kitchen. They'd spent most of the weekend sitting on the couch. Now with him standing before her, she almost orgasmed on the spot. He towered over her with his broad body. It consumed most of the door frame. She truly felt like a damsel in distress at that moment. All alone with him.

He must have caught on because a flicker of doubt crossed his face.

Quickly she pushed the thoughts aside and admired his girth as he walked around her towards the fridge. He was so close to her that with one gentle nudge, he could have her pinned against the counter. The thought aroused more desire, and she had to quickly move out of the way.

To distract herself, she headed to her bedroom to grab the comforter off of her bed. It gave her a few minutes to collect her thoughts. She grinned shyly to herself as she walked back with the fluffy blanket. Alexis's heart swelled as she entered the living room. Wolf was sitting on the couch, her drink placed next to his beer on the coffee table.

With determination, she walked across the room and plopped herself down right beside Wolf. Not an inch of space between them.

She looked at him with a shy glance and noticed him regarding her with open fascination. A slow smile crept onto his face as he relaxed back into the couch. Happiness bloomed in her chest. Satisfied, Alexis arranged the comforter over herself. She was about to offer a corner to Wolf when she felt heat emanating from his body. He was probably already too hot.

Mike had the blanket from yesterday draped over himself as he switched on the movie. Utterly oblivious to her heart thundering away in her chest. She breathed in and noted Wolf had a fresh musky scent to him. Usually, he smelled of pine soap, but tonight he smelled like the outdoors. A shiver raced up her spine, and she huddled further into the comforter.

The movie played on for quite some time as Wolf just remained his usual motionless self. Absorbed in the action.

All Alexis wanted to do was feel his warmth. Even though he sat right next to her, it was like he was miles away. Feeling a little frustrated and confused, she contemplated what to do. After a minute, the best thing she could think of was to wrap herself around his bicep.

He would probably just think she was cold and being perhaps a little friendly. She didn't like the fact that she didn't know what he thought of her. Maybe she was just his best friend's little sister and last night was all in her head?

After a couple minutes of debating, she just told herself to go for it. Breathing in, she reached up inside her comforter and latched onto his big forearm. She snuggled her head onto his shoulder and tilted her hips towards him as she got comfortable.

At first, he tensed, and she felt his eyes boring down on her, but she stubbornly didn't look up. She couldn't look up. What if she'd been too forward, and he wanted his arm back?

He grabbed hold of her comforter and pulled it up over them both. Surprise and delight seeded themselves inside her chest. A tangible tension built in the air as she held onto his arm. Feeling his skin against her hands had her mind reeling. She'd never been happier in her life than in that moment.

After a couple of minutes, he moved his arm. Fear shot through her like an arrow, afraid he might take it away or get up. Instead, his hand came down to rest on her inner thigh.

Alexis inhaled sharply. His wide palm stilled. After a heart-wrenchingly painful second, he tentatively kneaded his fingers into her sensitive flesh.

She clamped her mouth closed as a moan threatened to escape. She looked up at Wolf. His back jaw clenched together in concentration.