Pt. 5 Won't you stay

ALEXIS

Alexis spent most of the day rolling around in her bed. Tossing and turning trying to figure out what had happened over the last couple of days. She'd been confused that night but also excited. She'd never felt anything like it! But then he left. Leaving her all muddled. The following day she'd been a little sore, but after a couple days, it dissipated along with her hurt. Being away from him was worse. He's all she ever wanted, and she wasn't going to let one awkward night ruin her chances with him.

Curling up, she hugged her pillow and smiled to herself. It had been the best weekend of her life, but at the same time, she felt further away from Wolf. She needed to correct that. What would she have to do to get him to look at her like the woman she was?

She hated thinking it, but maybe he had changed his mind after the week apart?

Her stomach growled angrily at her. Sighing, she rose from the bed, back in her comfy shorts and a loose tank top since the weather had perked back up.

Before she opened her door, she heard a few voices coming from the living room. Hope rushed through her veins before she could tap it back down. Maybe Wolf had come over again? She leaned closer into the door, hoping to hear his husky baritone voice, but all she could hear was a mixture of male voices garbled together.

She needed to see him. She needed to know the past weekend was real. What they had could be something and not some fantasy.

Braving a trek to the kitchen, she tiptoed barefoot down the hall to the door frame leading into the living room. Peering around the corner, she could see a handful of Mike's colleagues sitting around the tv drinking and eating pizza. Her stomach growled as the delicious Italian aroma filled her nose.

She looked around for Wolf. She felt her heart plummeting just before she spotted him sitting in the recliner next to the wall. Her fingers tightened against the door frame as she stared longingly at his snug black shirt. It showed off a delectable amount of heft. Her legs clenched together as her eyes feasted down over the slope of his shirt to his jeans. She hadn't been brave enough to touch him back, but she yearned to know how he felt in her hands.

His head turned as if he knew she was staring at him. She briefly caught a flicker of heat dance through his eyes, but at the same time, Mike glanced over and spotted her in the kitchen.

"Alexis," Mike motioned with his hand. "Come on in. We're about to boot up the new game."

Alexis nodded. She finally took in the room more concretely this time and smiled shyly at Mike and Wolf's other friends. They were team members from their gaming company if she remembered correctly.

She looked around the room for somewhere to sit, but the couch, ottoman and recliner were all taken. She glanced at Wolf and his big thigh. Maybe she could be brave? Take a chance and be the woman she knew she could be. All she'd have to do is walk over to him and sit on one of his legs. She could still pass as Mike's kid sister. Even with a pair of nicely rounded breasts. Okay, maybe?

She tuned out the rest of the room and focused only on Wolf. It didn't mean she couldn't feel the other's eyes on her bare legs and her low-slung tank top. But it didn't matter. All she cared about was what Wolf thought. And from the way he raked his eyes over her, he liked it.

Gingerly she sat on his inner right thigh. As if it was the most natural thing in the world. She leaned down to grab a slice of pizza off of the coffee table, and as she righted herself, she became all too conscious of Wolf. A streak of shyness burst forth, but she shoved it back down.

Wolf grunted and pulled himself into a more upright position. Shifting her closer. Her hip pressed into his rounded stomach. She loved the way it felt.

Alexis took a shallow breath and took a bite of her pizza as the game booted up on the tv screen. One of Mike's friends stood up and turned the kitchen and living room light off. For a few moments, the room was bathed in complete darkness.

Alexis's body prickled with excitement. Would he touch her again? He shifted again, and the back of his fingers clutching his beer slid across her butt as he brought it up to drink. Even though it was an accident, it sprung joy into her heart. He wasn't pushing her away. The loading screen finished, and the cyberpunk home screen bathed the living room in a warm neon light.

Beneath her, Wolf kept on shifting his weight around. Making her all the more aware of his scratchy jeans rubbing and pulling at her thin shorts. Creating this incredible friction between her legs. Her core clenched in anticipation. She took another bite of pizza to muffle a moan. To steady herself, she gripped his leg with her hand, and his whole body stiffened.

She felt a heavy sexual tension brewing between them. Did Wolf know what he was doing to her? Did he know how much she ached for him? How leaving her high and dry last time had made her long for more? That she needed him in her life. Not as a protective figure guarding over her. But as a man.