Nine - "You are Negan."

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say I'm sorry for taking such a long break from writing, my mental health has struggled a lot the past two years and I simply wasn't in the right place to continue with it especially whilst being at university, but I'm back now and ready to get back to writing! Thank you for all of your patience, love to you all! X

"Tell me again."

"Can't!"

"Tell me!"

Lydia Greene burst into tears once more, frantically pulling on the rope that bound her to her seat, it tore into her wrists with every pull, causing blood to cascade down her scarred skin; but she didn't care, all she cared about was finding her way home.

"There's no need to yell at the little psychopath Simon. I'll take it from here."

The red haired girl could hear Negan's tainted footsteps echo across the room as he made his way towards her, she could feel her stomach convulsing in pain, knowing he was only feet away from her, and in an instant she found herself needing to be sick again.

Nothing would come up.

"You alright kid? You need a tissue?"

"Nothing from you." She bit her tongue

"Come on... I'm not here to hurt you."

"You killed Abe. And my brother."

"I'm not an unreasonable guy. Your people killed hundreds of mine, all I did was kill two of yours and take you and the greasy guy - what's his name? Daryl?"

"D-Daryl."

"Right... But my point is, I did what had to be done. I'm sure you can understand that."

"No."

"Well now you're just being stubborn!" The man chuckled, sitting down on the floor in front of her, "How about me and you strike up a deal, huh? I'll untie your left arm if you tell me why it is you can't speak? That sound fair to you?"

Lyds could only nod through the tears in her milky white eyes.

"Alright." The gruff man nodded before he cut the ropes binding her left arm. "Now it's your turn."

"Learning."

"Learning? You're still learning to talk? Did your parents never teach you?"

"Learning again."

"Again, so you lost the ability somehow? Okay, that makes sense. I'm guessing it has something to do with the bite marks you got, am I getting warmer?"

"That question." Lyds pointed out, nodding at her right arm.

"Okay it counts, you're right."

There was a brief moment of hesitation before Negan untied the Greene girl's right arm, she could practically smell the fear radiating off of him. After all, the man had just trapped himself in a room with the worlds most dangerous creature; a Walker with a conscience, and a grudge.

"I dead. Bit, died, turned, came back."

"Came back." he paused, mulling over her words, "You're turning human. That's what you're trying to tell me... D-Do you know why that is? Do you know how?"

"I have heartbeat. Something didn't change that should have."

"Can I feel? Or are you going to tear my throat out too?" He let out a harsh laugh, Lyds only stared back at him straight faced, giving a curt nod, knowing in her mind's eye that she had no choice in the matter. That was if she wanted to live.