Three - "She's here."

The following day when the sun rose over the horizon and the air was filled with the groans of the undead, Carl Grimes found himself staring out of the window in his dead lover's bedroom. Every time he stepped foot in that room he couldn't help but feel like he was being watched. The air surrounding him was always so cold and everything felt almost colourless, it was like all of the warmth had been drained from his life without her, but still it felt as if she was with him. Near him in fact.

And Carl wasn't wrong. Lydia hadn't moved from her spot hidden in the woods outside of her bedroom window. She could see him perfectly yet the trees made it so he couldn't see her, at least that was what she thought. The poor creature knew it wouldn't be long before someone found her outside the fence and put her out of her "misery", but Lydia couldn't bring herself to leave Carl. She wanted to protect him and watch over him in any way she could, no matter what it took, whether it meant a bullet in the head or a knife between her eyes, she knew she had to be there for Carl Grimes.

"C-Car-rl." She forced out and for a split second what felt like a smile met her lips. But of course that wasn't possible, walkers couldn't smile and talk, it must've all been in her head.

"C-Carl." The Greene girl tried again, but this time something was different. When she spoke she sounded somewhat human and her voice carried across the wind.

"Carl." She said, and despite having said his name perfectly the young girl knew in that moment that she shouldn't have spoken, for the second she did another walker stood what must've been ten feet away reared it's head at her.

It was almost as if the thing knew she wasn't one of them, perhaps it was that she had spoken which wasn't at all normal for a walker, or maybe just maybe it was her scent. The girl didn't smell of death like the others did.

Slowly the creature made its way towards her and she silently prayed that it wouldn't do anything, that just as she'd begun living again that it wouldn't eat her alive. And thankfully her prayers were answered for when the monster was stood almost face to face with her, there was a scream in the distance and just like that the dinner bell had been rung and the walker made its way towards its next meal.

Lydia didn't say a word, she barely paid any attention to the screams in the distance all she did was turn and stare back up at Carl's window but to her complete and utter shock, it seemed that he was staring back.

"Holy shit..." The young boy whispered, he could barely see her only a flash of red hair and blue eyes hidden behind the trees but he knew it was her.

"Michonne!" Carl yelled out, "Michonne!"

"Carl! Is something wrong? What's going on?" Michonne burst into the room But was met with silence as Carl continued to stare back at his ex girlfriend.

"Carl? Are you okay?"

"Look." He pointed, "She's here."

"Grab your gun and your backpack. I'll meet you downstairs."

Hastily Carl grabbed his knife and his gun from his nightstand drawer along with a few stray bullets. Before he even knew what was happening the young boy had thrown his backpack over his shoulder and was running down the stairs towards Michonne and towards Lydia. All he could feel in those few moments was the adrenaline flooding his body.

"Carl, calm down. We can't let anyone see us, okay? We have to be careful."

"Okay. Let's go."