One - "Her heart began to beat, once again."

Run, breathe, stop, bleed.

It was how it always went. Whenever people would run for their lives, defenceless against the walker who once upon a time was Lydia Greene, that was the one pattern that they always repeated. That was how she knew she'd be eating that day.

They'd run. As quickly as possible, so much so that their breathing would become heavy before they would have to stop altogether. That was where the bleeding came in, when Lydia and the other walkers caught up to them and tore into them, eating them dead or alive. It didn't really matter, either way it was food.

If the young girl was able to feel anything at all she would've been ashamed of what she did every day, eating innocent people, but even as a walker the instinct to survive and eat was stronger than the instinct to not harm others, even if she could feel that instinct.

With glazed over eyes the month old walker girl watched as the other creatures around her surrounded something on the ground. She silently followed the noise and the smell, the smell of flesh and just as the others did she collapsed to the ground and began to devour the once in love couple.

A girl and a boy, even in death they held one another. Screaming and crying, but still never letting go. With a grunt Lydia leaned forwards and took a bite out of the boy's wrist.

Admittedly the girl didn't like what she was doing, even as a walker there was something different about her, she had the power to deter what was right from what was wrong, but still she had no will to fight against doing the wrong things.

You and I can both guess that that was what showed the first signs of life within her, that small piece of her brain that was still living when it shouldn't have been was what set her on track to return to the living. Somehow not all of her had succumbed to the virus, she could still think for herself even if she couldn't act upon those thoughts.

It felt as if her conscience was trapped within her own body. Like a prisoner.

She watched every day from within the prison walls of her own body animals and people be torn apart, it was mental torture. There was nothing she could do about it, there was only the hope that one day someone would come along with a cure and save her, that someone wouldn't to pike her in the head before that day would come.

Little did she know that that cure was Carl Grimes.

The same boy had tried to move on, he'd become closer with Enid since every one else his own age seemed to be dead, but whilst she had developed feelings for him Carl's still lay with his dead girlfriend.

"I don't want to be mean Carl... but she's gone. You have to try to move on with your life. It's what Lydia would want." Enid sighed

"I can't." He mumbled from beneath his bedsheets, "I love her and she's a walker. No one ever put her down... I can't stop thinking about it."

"You have to try."

"I just can't, I promised I'd protect her- I promised I'd never let her be one of those things, and I broke both of those promises."

It was the way it always went, at least once a week Carl would break down. There was no way to know when it would happen, whether it was during gun training, talking with Enid, or at school, the reality of everything would hit him; She was gone.

Sometimes he'd even forget she was dead, he'd turn to tell her a joke, or whisper something in her ear only to find that she wasn't there and instead she was a walker on the other side of the fence. It was heartbreaking for everyone involved.

"She was my friend too Carl, my best friend, I know how you feel-"

"No you don't!" He suddenly yelled, throwing the bedsheets away from his body as he only began to cry harder, "She was my best friend! I was the one who was with her from the beginning! I was the one who was her best friend! I was the one who loved her! And now she's gone and I can't stop thinking about it, over and over again..." he gasped for breath, it even hurt to breathe without thinking about her, "She was dying and she still tried to save me. She died right in front of me. How come I got to live and she didn't?"