Chapter 2

Isabella's POV:

John isn't the man of many words and seem intimidating but once you know him he is a big softie. As I was working I tried not to think about the guests that are coming home. Honestly, I am terrified because whenever my uncle invite someone it doesn't end up well for me.
I was pulled out of my thoughts by ringing of bell indicating someone came in. I quickly make my way towards the counter to greet the customers and see two Greek Gods making their way towards the table. Wait! Did I say Greek Gods? Snap out of it Isabella. I scolded my sub conscious. I can't help but notice that one of them was quite intimidating and scary but other one seemed relaxed and you can see the similarities between them.

I sauntered towards them and said, "Good morning. Welcome to Beans and Cream. What can I get you sir?" The guy who seemed relaxed replied, "Hi there beautiful! I would like a caramel latte with a slice of vanilla cheesecake on side and this old man sitting here" gesturing the man sitting across him who glared at him "would like a black coffee. Oh and can I get your number?" he asked me hopefully.
My cheeks started to heat as he called me beautiful and that is not the term I am acquainted with often. I replied, "your order is coming right up and sorry I can't give you my number." He pouted but I didn't pay attention and left towards the kitchen, I felt someone's intense stare on me but I brushed it off.

I give the orders to John and wait for him to finish up. When the order was ready I quickly give them their food not wanting to meet the other guy's gaze. As I was leaving the table the other guy held my hand making me feel electricity run through my veins. I turn around and ask him what's wrong. "What happened to your neck?" He asked me in his deep voice hinting Italian accent. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion for a second and then I remembered. My eyes widened and I quickly answered, "no-nothing." Damn you for stuttering Isabella. My subconscious reminded.

I quickly run towards the employees' restroom and see my reflection in the mirror and grimace. My makeup is faded and the bruise I got from last nights' beating is visible. I quickly wash my face and reapply the makeup to cover the bruises.

No one knows about this and no one can know about this. I take few deep breaths and go out. I see that those guys are gone and I breathed relief.

Question of the day:

Do you have a sibling or are you a single child?

I am a single child

Enjoy!