Chapter 28

Alexander's POV:

I receive a phone call. I excuse myself from my family and go out to receive the call. After finishing the call I go back into the lounge room. Everyone was engrossed in some movie. No one can say this is the most feared mafia family by looking at them. "I need to leave guys. There's some problem at office and I still have to think about Thompson's deal. I'll meet you later," I say as I make my way towards the main door.

I drive towards my office making a mental note to go to the café tomorrow. I make my way towards my office nodding at my assistant on the way indicating to follow me in the cabin. "What is in my itinerary today?" I ask him. "You have a meeting with Mr. Thompson at 4. You have to sign some documents and then you are done for the day." I sigh as I hear David's name. But I have to do something about the deal. If Nathan's gut is right then I'll try my best that Isabella gets her company. I nod at my assistant and tell him to prepare the meeting room before he comes here.

My assistant Ryan came inside after knocking. I looked up to see what he wants. "Sir your 4'o clock appointment has arrived," he spoke nervously. This lad has been working for me for more than a year and he is still nervous around me. I nod as I stand up and straighten my suit. "Don't be nervous around everyone. They'll consider you weak," I say to him and walk towards the meeting room. He follows me to the meeting room. I like that guy. He is simple and work oriented. He lost his family when he was a child and made his own way to the top.

As I enter the meeting room I see David and I assume David's daughter sitting comfortably as if they own this place. I try to control my anger as I take my seat at the head. "Mr. Knight, pleasure to meet you again. This is Vanessa. I hope you remember her from the dinner" he said giving me a sickening sweet smile. I just nod stiffly. "Hello Alexander" she purred as she tries to walk up to me. I stop her where she is and say, "It's Mr. Knight to you and if you are done with the introductions let's start with the meeting." "Of-Of course Mr. Knight" Vanessa spoke trying to be seductive.

I look beside me and see Ryan controlling his laughter at her vain. I just roll my eyes at her tries. "We have a proposition," David said. I nodded at him telling him to continue. "If you marry my daughter Vanessa I will agree for 50% partnership in Thompson Hotels." I really want to laugh at his proposal. "What is my gain in this proposal?" I asked him. He replied, "You will get two gains from this. First you will gain half ownership of the company and secondly you get to marry my amazing daughter sitting here," pointing towards Vanessa.

"So what are your qualifications Vera?" I asked her. "It's Vanessa by the way and is this job interview that you are asking my qualifications?" she screamed in a high pitch tone. I was already getting angry and these people are not helping me in any ways. "First of all don't raise your voice in front of me. I don't care what your name is and secondly if I'm going to marry someone then I should at least know what she is," I said raising my voice.

She cleared her throat and said, I completed high school as a valedictorian and now I'm doing charity work for needy." "I am so proud of her," David said. Charity works my ass I thought. "Did you completed your high school or you were expelled from the high school because you slept with your teachers and bullied others to the extent that they were ready to commit suicide?" I asked her. They thought I won't take a background check on them. Idiotas.

Her face paled and she stuttered, "T-this is not true." I rolled my eyes at her. "Come on boo trust me," she said flashing her boobs. What is boo? Yuck. And does she not have any shame? This was my last straw. "You both get out of my building right now and Mr. Thompson you can shove your deal up to your ass. I'll take over your business by other means. It's not me who needs help, it's you so don't try to think that you have upper hand here. Now get lost," I yelled at them. "Clear my schedule for tomorrow morning. I'm leaving" I order Ryan as I make my way towards my office.

 I'm leaving" I order Ryan as I make my way towards my office

Vanessa's outfit

Here's the new chapter for you guys. Do tell me what you think about it :)

Question of the Day:

Who is your favorite singer?

Enjoy!