Chapter 9: Something For Him

Thank you so much for the +200 views! I love you, dear dreamers :)

Rebecca wanted to be a good girlfriend.

Not only because this was good experience for a future relationship, but also because of Shiki.

The boy had been so cheerful and kind to her that she felt the need to repay him. Specially because he hadn't yet asked what he wanted from her.

Rebecca didn't know why, but she knew he wouldn't ask her to do anything she would be uncomfortable with; in a just a couple of days, he had earned her trust and friendship.

So, with that in mind, she searched for things to on dates. Going to the cinema, to the beach, a picnic... They were good ideas but Rebecca wasn't convinced. She wanted something more...fun and different for a first date.

She searched some more and, when her eyes landed on a certain activity, they twinkled with enthusiasm.

This is it!

*

"Hi!" Shiki greets with a smile, waving.

Rebecca found herself smiling back as she went to his side. "Hi. You don't need to walk me to school every day, you know?"

Shiki shook his head as they started walking. "I don't mind, really. It's nice to have company."

She was glad for the answer. She did enjoy walking with him, but didn't want him to feel like he had to do it.

As the B-cuber saw the first outline of the school, she intertwined her arm on Shiki's. The boy looked at their arms, amazed since she never made the first move. His gaze them moved to her face.

Her cheeks were pink. "I know this is sudden, but are you free this Saturday?"

"I am. Why?" He cocked his head to the side, curiosity written on his eyes.

One of the things Rebecca liked about Shiki was his honesty. He wasn't like those people that pretended that didn't know how their schedule would be like, that said they had to check; if he knew he was free, he would simply say so. And she appreciated that.

"Because we are going to a go-kart track!" Rebecca says excitedly, a bright smile on her lips.

Shiki's eyes twinkled as he stopped to look at the girl. He grabbed her hands. "Seriously?!"

She nodded. "That's amazing!" He continues. "I have always wanted to go to one! You're incredible, Rebecca!" Before she could say anything, Shiki wrapped his arms around, giving her a warm hug.

She blushed as she didn't know what to do. Was she supposed to hug back? Maybe pat his back? She didn't know-

Shiki pulled away before she could decide. He smiled as he held her hand, walking again.

"I'm looking forward to our date."

Rebecca didn't say anything, but her heart palpitated.

*

They met on the train station and sat next to each other. Rebecca had made sure she would wear cute but practical clothes and was satisfied with the result. She was a little worried about

Shiki, since most boys didn't know how to dress, but he didn't disappoint her.

She took her phone out, taking a picture of the sight as the train started to move.

"What are you doing?" Shiki asks, curious. He was hugging his backpack.

"I'm posting a teaser of our date." She explains, tapping on her phone. "Here."

Shiki reads the screen. "On my way to a date with Shiki! Can you guess where we are going?"

"And then what?" He asks, confused.

"Then they answer with what they think we are going to do. And later, I'll say what we did."

"And why is this important? Why are you making those questions?"

"Because," Rebecca says in a tone as if it was obvious. "Fans like to interact with their idols. And I... I like to interact with them." She smiled softly as she posted it.

She didn't notice the way Shiki's eyes softened when he looked at her expression. She never realized it, but Rebecca's face always showed a tenderness when she talked about her fans that was never shown on other subjects. But Shiki did notice it.

"One says we're going to a spa." Rebecca giggles as she read the incoming replies.

"They have already answered?" Shiki asks, surprised.

The girl nods, showing him her phone to see the replies together. They got closer to each other, their heads almost touching.

"A spa, the beach, even karaoke..." Shiki murmurs, his eyes scanning the screen. "Wow, your fans sure have their theories."

"I know!" She says excitedly, showing him more. "They are so kind and funny, don't you think?" She asks, looking up. He looked down as well, and only then did they realize how close they were. Their faces almost touched, and Rebecca could feel his breath on her nose. It smelled like mint.

She straightened herself, going back to her seat, trying to control her beating heart. Risking a glance at Shiki, she noticed he was looking away, his hand on his collar, pulling at it. Cute.

After a bit silence, slowly they started talking again, and soon they were at ease.