4 - R U Mine?

Harry's slept so good tonight. His limbs are nice and loose swathed in the soft sheets. He actually wakes up with a smile as one does when they're so well-rested.

"Kitten…" Harry sighs rolling over, expecting to bump into a warm body.

Except he's greeted by nothing but cold, empty sheets.

"Babe?" Harry props himself on his elbows.

As if to answer him, the bedroom door creaks open ominously and Harry is fumbling to turn the bedside lamp on. A soft golden light barely illuminates the room.

The bothersome thing is this feeling of apprehension in Harry's chest. Something is wrong. There's something very off about the way the bedroom feels. Claustrophobic almost, as if the room is smaller than normal and the walls are inching their way closer in a silent threat. But that's ridiculously improbable. Even more unsettling is the fact that he can't seem to move from his spot on the bed.

The air around him feels too thick and fuck, why can't get his arms and legs to move? He needs to call for Niall, needs his help. Where's Niall?

Just to answer Harry's fears, a beautiful Siamese cat leaps onto the bed with familiar blue eyes.

Harry struggles to breathe. A yell lodged in his throat as he tries to shake off this figment of his imagination because this can't possibly be real. He shakes from his shoulders to fingertips at the ugly feeling that seems to spread inside every part of him. He shuts his eyes tight, wills himself to breathe through clenched teeth.

It's when he can finally breathe that he jolts awake in bed, fresh cold sweat on his skin and dampening his pillow. But no Niall.

He springs into action kicking off the sheets violently. His mouth feels dry, his throat tight as he tries to breathe normally.

"Niall!"

Harry's stumbling into the living with his heart thumping in his ears as he searches for Niall. He hasn't felt this panicked since he was stuck in the middle of a fight that broke out between a few strangers black Friday one year.

He squints his eyes and makes out the silhouette of someone in front of the wide open refrigerator.

"Kitten?"

Harry steps closer, his eyes focusing on Niall holding the milk jug, a mik mustache on his upper lip.

"I'm sorry!" Niall wails.

Harry closes his eyes and sighs, his skin breaking out in chills. He's never been a religious being but he's thanking Jesus, Buddah, Allah, and every deity he can think of.

"Are you gonna tell Zayn?" Niall asks guiltily, wiping away the milk on his mouth with the back of his hand.

Zayn always scolds Niall from drinking out of the milk jug but that doesn't stop the blonde from sneaking sips every now and then.

Harry shakes his head and pads into the kitchen, not caring how cold the tile feels under his bare feet. He's just had the scare of a lifetime and there Niall is with only the refrigerator light on him, his skin almost white and his eyes the darkest blue.

Niall sets the jug of milk down and confusedly lets Harry engulf him in a tight embrace.

"We can do whatever you want today. You name it, it's yours. Even kitty cat things I didn't let you do before."

"I can wee on the couch?"

"Except that."

Niall thinks for a moment then perks up. "Can you make fish?"