3 - I Wanna Take You There

Louis is waiting for Harry to get off of work to drive them both home. Louis has gotten into the habit of turning up from school and setting up camp in one of the restaurant booths to study as Harry brings him soda and breadsticks.

But damn, Louis' classes are kicking his beautiful arse this semester. He can't seem to focus and he forgets every line he reads from his text books the minute he closes them. It's frustrating to say the least but he knows better than to complain about it.

It's hard focusing when there are much more interesting things to be dwelling on than his sociology coursework. Like Zayn. Like that new Marvel moving coming out. Like teaching Niall how to make Jell-O shots.

Louis cares about school. He really does. He just doesn't have a passion for it. More often than not he wishes he had a fast forward button to skip the work and reap the rewards of being a scholar.

"You ready to go?" Harry calls approaching the table as he unties the black apron from his slim waist.

The older lad immediately realizes he's hardly accomplished a thing schoolwork-wise.

"I fuckin' hate this shit." Louis curses despite the people in the restaurant within earshot.

He slams his books shut, shoving them in his satchel roughly. He slings the bag over his shoulder hating the way the strap digs into his shoulder like a heavy reminder.

"That bad, eh?" Harry throws his arm around Louis' shoulder as they walk out to the car parked on the curb.

"You don't even know." Louis mutters.

"Why don't you get a tutor? Just wiggle that bum and a bunch of people will be lining up in no time." Harry teases as he hops in the driver seat.

Louis doesn't react at all. He doesn't laugh it off or roll his eyes. He doesn't even acknowledge the words.

Harry thinks of repeating himself but he knows Louis has heard him. He just has to wonder why Louis' suddenly gone deaf. He normally laughs at jokes that are at the expense of his lovely rear end.

"We all know school's a pain in the arse but you'll get through it." Harry sighs as he adjusts the rearview mirror.

Louis' usually one to make jokes when the others are moody or gloomy but when it's him, there isn't anything to joke about. His temper isn't one to be reckoned with. Except it seems like there's something else bothering Louis besides school.

"Did Zayn stay at yours last night?" Harry changes the subject. Talking about Zayn is Louis' soft spot, Harry has noticed.

Immediately, Louis cracks a smile as he remembers falling asleep and waking up to Zayn. He just didn't expect Zayn to be there. He expected him to sleep there and then fuck off in the morning but he didn't. Blame it on Zayn's lazy sleeping habits but it made Louis' heart stutter to wake up to Zayn's peaceful sleepy face.

Zayn is sexy but when he's asleep, he's quite possibly the sweetest thing Louis has ever seen.

Plus there's something nice about Zayn staying at his rather than Louis staying at Zayn's. Maybe it's the unspoken tryst that Louis' the chick in their situation but Zayn is slowly opening up to him. It might take more coaxing on Louis' part but he's always up for a challenge.

"Oh, that's odd." Louis shrugs in reply to Harry's question.

Harry narrows his eyes.

"So you haven't heard from him?"

"No. He's probably lost somewhere. The poor lad doesn't even know where he is half the time."

"You're an idiot. You should ask Zayn to tutor you."