8 - Nobody Does it Like You Do

"What's the matter with you?" Liam questions Zayn as they clean up the mess from their study session.

Liam initially had a study date with his girlfriend but she'd called to cancel, something about some relatives visiting last minute. Zayn was quick to fill in considering Louis isn't the best study buddy.

The past few times Zayn had tried to get Louis to study with him the older lad persuaded him to watch the Indiana Jones marathon on the telly or participate in a made up game that always ends up with the two bickering at Louis' made up rules. It seems there's always more interesting things to be doing with Louis and Zayn's easily swayed by a cheeky smile.

"Nothing's the matter with me." Zayn murmurs as he passive aggressively shoves his notebook and folders into his rucksack.

There's a lull in conversation until Liam grabs the empty energy drink cans from the table and gets up to chuck them in the recycle bin in the kitchen.

Zayn's absentmindedly staring at a tattoo on his forearm when Liam returns and switches the television on.

"You met Luke then? Nice lad, eh?" Liam asks tentatively, kicking his legs up to rest on the edge of the coffee table.

Liam's not as keen about gossip like the others but even he's curious as to what Zayn's feeling. Zayn sure as hell doesn't wear his emotions on his sleeves like his mates do.

"You've met him?" Zayn clears his throat, his jaw tightening the slightest bit. The mere thought of everyone knowing but him is annoying.

"Yeah? A couple times." Liam answers with a small shrug.

Actually, Liam's met Luke quite a few times. The first time around he thought the young man was a boy Louis was tutoring but it's a nearly laughable thought that Louis could be serious enough to sit down and tutor someone. The older man just doesn't have the attention span for it.

"Can't fucking believe it." Zayn grinds his teeth in irritation.

"I'm sensing something happend." Liam tries his best to keep the teasing tone out of his voice.

Zayn's been broody all day. It's been on the tip of Liam's tongue to question him about what's gone on with he and Louis. The initial shock of the relationship between Zayn and Louis had worn off and Liam's always accepted it but it's a little strange to see the couple in action.

"The kid is practically in love with Louis. Have you not seen it?" Zayn spats.

Liam's eyebrows furrow. He knows the Louis and Zayn thing is still new but judging by the way Louis can't shut the fuck up about Zayn's dick should be an indicator that he's a total goner for the man. "It's probably just a schoolboy crush. B'sides we all know Louis' mad about you."

"You should've seen his face when Louis introduced us. Looked like someone told him Christmas was cancelled." Zayn grumbles fussing with his deflated quiff.

At that moment, Niall enters with Harry, the couple laughing as the blonde makes a silly face at Harry. For two genuinely good looking people, they tend to make the dumbest faces, Zayn shakes his head.

"How was the ramble? Looks decent outside." Liam inquires as the pair begin to shed their layers of clothes to hang them.

"Harry stepped on poo." Niall replies as he toes off his sneakers.

"Ah, so that's where the smell is coming from." Liam nods.

"Where's Louis?" Harry asks, pulling the beanie off his head, his curls plastered awkwardly enough that Niall snorts.

"He's at his mums'." Zayn answers.

"Okay, wait, tell it from the top now that they're here." Liam prods, lowering the volume on the television.