13. i don't understand sports

I DON'T UNDERSTAND SPORTS

・゚: * The group gathers around the table again, all leaning forward.

"It's not like it was before. It's grown. A lot. I mean, that's considering we can get in there. The place is crawling with those dogs," Hopper states.

"Demodogs," Dustin slips in.

Hopper pauses, staring at him, "I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, uh, Demodogs. Like, Demogorgon and dogs," Dustin goes flustered like he normally does around Hopper as he realizes he didn't actually care. "You put 'em together, it sounds pretty badass-"

"How is this important right now," Hopper interrupts.

"It's not, I'm sorry," Dustin looks away embarrassed.

"I can do it," El looks up, hope in her eyes as she turns to Hopper.

"You're not hearing me," Hopper states, wanting her to change her mind.

"I'm hearing you. I can do it," El says confidently.

"Even if El can, there's still another problem," Mike speaks up. "If the brain dies, the body dies."

"I thought that was the whole point," Max frowns.

"It is, but if we're really right this. . . I mean, if El closes the gate and kills the Mind Flayer's army-"

"Will's a part of that army," Lucas states.

"He'll die along with that thing," Dustin adds.

"Closing the gate will kill him," Nora says more to herself, terrified.

The group is quiet for a moment until Joyce pushes back in her chair, causing it to screech across the floor. She walks down the hallway and the other follow her to Will's room. Upon entering, a cold blast of air hits Nora, sending chills down throughout her body.

"He likes it cold," Joyce murmurs.

"What?"

"It's what Will kept saying to me, 'he likes it cold,'" she goes over to the window and slams it shut. "We keep giving it what it wants!" She exclaims, as if she's starting to realize something.

"If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then. . ." Nancy starts thinking too.

"Then, we need to make host inhabitable," Joyce finishes and kneels next Will in his bed, grabbing his hand.

"So, if he likes it cold. . ." Nancy starts again.

"We need to burn it out of him."

"We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time," Mike includes.

"Yeah," Dustin agrees. "Somewhere far away."

A new plan is easily formed and Nora tries to stay hopeful. . . it isn't working very well.