23. the testing of saunas

THE TESTING OF SAUNAS

・゚: * The kids wait for hours for the pool to close. By the time everyone's left the sun has already gone down.

Nora finds it somewhat therapeutic to be in the pool this late at night. The water looks like it's glowing, there's no screaming kids running around, she's not getting splashed by water every two seconds. It's nice.

The group is hiding in the locker room as Billy takes a shower. He exits soon, and goes over to the lockers to change. As he pulls on a pair of red swim trunks, Mike slams the door shut.

"Pool's closed!" Billy's attention is raised. Mike slams the door again and Billy makes his over to wear the plan would take place. "Hey! Do you hear me? Pool's closed!"

Billy hits the exit door to the locker room which is now locked thanks to Lucas. Will runs out of his hiding spot to hit the lights, and Billy looks around suspiciously.

"Who's there?"

Mike speaks into the radio, sound coming out of the one in the sauna. "Billy!"

Nora thinks this would be a good prank if it their lives weren't on the line.

"Who's there?" Billy calls again. "You think this is funny, huh?"

"Billy," Mike continues. "Come and find me."

"If I find you, it's your funeral."

"Come and get me!" Mike keeps up. "Come on!"

Billy walks to the area the sauna is and the party follows closely. He sees the dummy the kids had set up and starts to laugh and clap. Psycho.

"Come and get me, you piece of shit!" Mike smirks.

Billy goes and grabs the dummy by the neck, holding it up. Mike sends El in the room, who then stands a few feet behind Billy.

"Hey. Behind you."

Billy drops the dummy and turns quickly. Ouch. Whiplash.

"Hi," El says.

Billy starts forward, but El tilts her head up and Billy goes flying into the wall, tiles falling around him.

The rest of the group rushes forward and Mike and Lucas shut the door, locking it with chains and a pipe. Once they are sure the door is locked, they run back to join the group standing a few feet behind.