4 | a little reunion

CHAPTER 4,

A LITTLE REUNION

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

KEELA HAD GONE out of her way to sprint through the streets and find Sam herself, wanting to talk to him about John Walker as the new hero. She wants to know what he thinks about it since he was the one that gave the shield up afterall. But she always wants to let out her emotions, refusing to call her therapist and risking saying something wrong that would be in relation to violence.

However, confusion only fills her body as she catches sight of a duffel bag gripped tightly in his hands as Torres walks right by his side in his military uniform. The two look completely serious in the face and the conversation they were having seems to have been simple with not much being said. A frown falls over her face as she glances between them both, the men stopping in their tracks to talk to her.

"Nice to see you walking around without me dragging your ass out." Sam says after catching sight of her.

"Hi, Keela." Torres greets, politely.

"Torres." Keela greets back with a small nod of her head before motioning down to the duffel bag that Sam is holding. "Where are you going?"

However, before Sam can even open his mouth to reply to her, the sound of footsteps making their way towards the pair. They both turn around to see Bucky striding towards them, irritation evident across his stern face as his eyes fall onto the two. He falters slightly at the unexpected sight of Keela, eyes lingering for a moment before turning to Sam.

"You shouldn't have given up that shield." Bucky states.

"Good to see you too, Buck." Sam comments.

"This is wrong." Bucky insists.

"I'm working, alright? So all this outrage is gonna have to wait." Sam tells him, not wanting to deal with whatever's going to said. "You too, Keela. I know why you really came here to talk to me."

"It's not an outrage." Keela defends, pausing as Sam raises a brow at her. "Okay, maybe it is. But it's towards him, not you."

"You didn't know that was gonna happen?" Bucky continues, ignoring him.

"No, of course I didn't know that was gonna happen!" Sam hisses. "You think it didn't break my heart to see them match him out there and call him the new Captain America?"