17 | bounty hunters

CHAPTER 17,

BOUNTY HUNTERS

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AS THE FOUR are trying to deal with Zemo and the weapon he used to murder Dr Nagel, a launcher is suddenly fired from the outside and is aimed straight at the container they are standing inside of. The metal wall beside them burst into roaring flames as it explodes, sending the four flying backwards through the air and landing on the floor with multiple bangs. Alarms start blaring and fill the tense air as a warning of the extreme amount of fire in the laboratory, equipment beginning to rattle as they get closer to the point of explosion.

Keela hauls herself up from the ground that she harshly fell on, now resting on her hands and knees as choked coughs come from her mouth. This is due to the fact that she inhaled a bunch of the smoke the flames have emitted from the explosion, trapping itself in their lungs. One of her hands then lifts up off of the floor and hovers over her stomach in pain, trying her best to regain herself to get moving again.

"Anybody see Zemo?" Sam asks through groans of pain, voice quiet but audible.

As this is said, Sam stumbles to his feet and pulls the Sharon up off the ground where he then pushes her towards the exit so that they can leave goes to help the two super-soldiers when he noticed they already have it under control, being ordered to get out as soon as possible. Bucky has given Keela all of his attention, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her close to his body protectively. They don't get much to say as they help one another out of the container, following closely behind their friends to avoid losing them in this situation.

Fortunately, the four had managed to all get out just in the nick of time as one of the gas tubes located inside of the laboratory finally gets to boiling point and bursts with a bang. This sets the whole container up into even flames as more destruction is created from a second explosion, debris flying everywhere as black smoke rises up into the dark sky.

"Alright, wait for my signal!" Bucky orders as they hide around the corner, letting go of Keela.

Too late. Sam spots people lurking around ahead of them and immediately raises his gun where he begins firing bullets their way. He then takes off to the right side to dodge the bullets and get a better angle for a more precise shot. Sharon follows closely behind him as backup, copying his actions.

"Damn it." Bucky mutters.

Both of the super-soldiers make their way over to the left as they too fire bullets towards the bounty hunters set out to kill all of them. Most of the bullets manage to embed themselves deep into the enemies flesh due to the fact they became trained assassins during their time as Winter Soldiers, improving their accuracy. However, the ammo loaded into their gun soon run out and results in Keela and Bucky turning to hide beneath the fallen container where they see they've reunited with Sam and Sharon.