20 | finding the serum

CHAPTER 20,

FINDING THE SERUM

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE FOUR ARE currently out on the streets once again but this time not in search for more information, rather on their way to the funeral itself so that they can get a chance to talk to Karli. Neither of the trio have pushed Zemo any further for the stuff he's withholding them from knowing, understanding that they're just going to have to reluctantly trust him.

However, unfortunately enough for them, John Walker and Lemar Hoskins can be seen walking through the streets with their uniform hugging onto their body tightly. It's clear that the two are looking for the small group themselves as they continue pushing the idea onto them that it'd be better if they all work together. Keela merely rolls her eyes at the sight of the replacement Captain America walking towards them, knowing they're going to have to put up with him now that they're far away from home.

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit." John tells them.

"Look who's backtracking on their words, yet again." Keela comments as she scoffs. "You told us to stay out of your way, and here you are getting yourself involved in what we do."

"No more keeping us in the dark." John states, ignoring what she just said. "You can start by telling us why you broke him out of prison."

"He technically did that by himself." Bucky replies.

"This better be an unbelievable explanation—" John begins as his voice starts to raise.

"Take it easy." Sam interrupts, pushing him back and away from his friends.

"I know where Karli is." Zemo states and gives no other information that that.

"Where?" John questions.

"All we know is that it's a memorial, so we're going to intercept her there." Sam replies.

"Civilians will be there, which means it's a high risk of casualties." Lemar informs.

John nods. "Alright, we'll move in fast and take her by surprise."

"No, I want to talk to her alone." Sam tells him. "The person closest to her just died, and that means she's vulnerable. Now is the best time to reason with her."

"What? No, wait. Stop!" John refuses as he stops them in their tracks. "I think we're way past reasoning with her, unless you forgot that she blew up a building with people still in it."