:::::Chapter 28:::::

"Are you Angelina?" Ciara asks her.

"Yes," replies the girl. Charles said that the girl was obsessed with Alarick but she looks normal to me. To be honest, she is pretty.

"Hi. We actually don't know each other but we came here to clarify some things which concern you," Ciara says. She's doing all the talking while I silently watch her.

"Come in," Angelina says as she welcomes us inside her house.

Once we are settled in the sitting area, Ciara says to Angelina, "We want to ask you about Alarick."

Angelina's heartbeat increases at the mention of Alarick's name. "What about him?" She asks. Why am I getting the feeling that she's excited to talk about him?

Before Ciara can speak, I beat her to it. "Do you really think that Alarick is your mate?" I ask Angelina.

She answers confidently, "Yes, I do."

"Then, why did he say that he's not your mate?"

"I don't seem to understand. Why are you asking such questions?" She asks.

"Because I believe that you and Alarick are mates and I want to unite you guys," I lie.

"But why?" Angelina asks confusingly.

"Angelina, let me tell you. Alarick and I were off to a bad start when I came here to live a while ago. And I want to do something to make him happy. If I make him realize that you're his mate and if I'm able to unite you guys then maybe he'll consider starting a fresh beginning with me in the form of friendship," I lie again. I haven't lied this much in my entire life.

Ciara kicks my leg and whispers to me, "What are you doing?" She's completely angry with me but she's trying to act cool. Angelina doesn't notice any of this because she's busy processing all my words. We patiently wait for her to say something. When she opens her mouth, she says, "No one in my pack believes that I'm Alarick's mate and you do. It means a lot to me." She gives me a smile. I smile back at her.

"So, tell me Angelina. Why do you think that he doesn't believe that you're his mate?" I ask.

"To be honest, I have no idea," she says.

"Maybe he thinks that you're after the Luna's position and maybe he thinks that's the reason why you're pretending to be his mate," Ciara speaks up. I glare at her. She's going to ruin everything!

"That's a serious accusation!" Angelina exclaims. She's clearly offended. 

Before Ciara can say any further, I put my hand on her arm, a gesture to tell her to stop. "I apologize on behalf of my friend," I say to Angelina.

Ignoring my apology, she asks, "Does Alarick really think that I'm after Luna's position? Does he really think that I'm pretending to be his mate? Did he personally tell you that?" Before I can answer any of her questions, an old lady enters the living room. She's surprised to see me. She smiles at me. I smile back. I think she is Angelina's grandmother.

"Angel, my medicines have finished. Can you get them for me from the nearest pharmacy?" The old lady kindly asks Angelina.

"Granny, is it necessary to get your medicines now? Can't I go and get them in the evening?" Angelina asks.

"Angel, it will be soon time for my pills which I have to take after lunch. So, it's really necessary for you to get my medicines now. And also, I don't want you to go to the pharmacy in the evening because it will be dark by then."

"Granny, I'm not a kid anymore."

"I know that, darling. But you should also know that no matter how old you become, you'll always be a kid to me," the old lady says sweetly. By looking at them, I can tell that their grandmother-granddaughter relationship is strong.

"Okay. I will get your medicines now," Angelina says. Then, she looks at us, "Please wait for me until I get Granny's medicines."

"Okay," I tell her. She gets up. She takes some cash from her grandmother and heads out of the house. The old lady smiles at me as she comes to me. Ciara and I stand up to greet her. She bows down a little as she says, "Hello Luna."