:::::Chapter 18:::::

Chriselda's Point Of View

"Anne," I hear Alarick say, "I don't want to see you in the pack house tomorrow. I want you out." The moment I hear his words, I rush out of my room. In the way, I come across Alarick who's glaring at me. Where is the Alarick who lent me his clothes this afternoon? He gets inside his room while I head to the living room. The living room is in silence when I enter. I go to Anne and find that her eyes are glossy.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah," she replies. "I'm going to my room," she informs me. I follow her to her room to make sure that she's really fine. I find her packing.

"Why are you packing?" I ask.

She explains, "I'm packing now so that I can leave the pack house early tomorrow. I know Alarick very well. He would want me to get out of the pack house as soon as possible."

"You're not going anywhere," I say firmly.

"But Alarick said—"

"Forget what Alarick said. Don't pack. You're not going anywhere tomorrow," I say. "Goodnight," I conclude and exit her room.

●●●●●

"I really think that I should go," Anne says, getting worried. She's referring to leaving the pack house. We are currently in the kitchen, watching Charles and Daniel preparing breakfast. I would've prepared the breakfast myself but then Alarick wouldn't eat it.

"Anne, you don't need to go," I tell her.

"Alarick will be angry if he sees that I'm still here."

"Is there anytime when he's not angry?" I ask her. Charles and Daniel chuckle. "Anne, you're worrying too much. You need to relax."

"How can I relax when I know that Alarick will be angry when he sees me?"

"You're acting as if it's a big deal," I tell her.

"It's a big deal! He told me to leave the pack house. My presence here is a clear message that I'm disobeying my Alpha!"

"He also happens to be your brother and there's no harm in disobeying your brother once in a while," I say. Charles and Daniel again chuckle.

"Anne, have you forgotten what I told you last night?" We all turn our heads to face Alarick who is standing in the doorway of the kitchen. And he's angry as usual.

"She remembers each and every rude word that you said to her last night," I say to him as I cross my arms. "She's not going anywhere," I say with a firm voice.

"And who are you to decide?" He taunts me.

"I happen to be this pack's future Luna and this pack house belongs to me as much as it belongs to you. So, even I get to decide who stays in this pack house and who doesn't," I say.

"My pack's future Luna?" He says mockingly. "I guess you mean to say that you're my pack's fake Luna."

"You're crossing your limits," Anne tries to warn him.

"Anne, don't try to tell me my limits!" He shouts at her.

"Don't shout at your sister!" I equally shout at him. Alarick comes close to me, our faces inches apart.

"How dare you shout at an Alpha?" He says in a deadly tone.

"You happen to be an Alpha but you're not my Alpha. So, I can shout at you whenever I want," I say.

He backs away from me a little. "I was right. You are not my mate. If you were my mate then you wouldn't have dared to shout at me. You're just an impostor who wants to become my pack's Luna!"