:::::Chapter 38:::::

"Why would Kurt want revenge from Alarick?" I ask Tonya.

"It's because Alarick killed Kurt's father."

"What!" I exclaim in shock.

"You didn't know that?" She asks, feeling surprised.

"No," I shake my head. "But why did Alarick kill Kurt's father?" I can't help but ask.

"Only a few people know the answer to that question and I'm not one of them," she says.

"Can you tell me more about it?" I ask as I can't help but take advantage of the situation. Since all the people around Alarick are tight-lipped about his past, I have no option other than knowing about his past from Tonya.

"Alarick was just ten years old when he killed Kurt's father-" Tonya starts telling me but I interrupt her.

"You mean to say that a child killed an Alpha?" I ask not ready to believe her. Granted that Alarick had Alpha blood running in his veins but it's nearly impossible for a kid to kill an experienced Alpha. It may have been possible if Alarick would've already turned into a wolf but werewolves shift for the first time at the age of sixteen and he was just ten years old back then.

"People don't call Alarick the strongest Alpha in the world just like that, you know," she says. "He was able to kill an Alpha just in his human form," she adds to justify her point.

Tonya's words were roaming in my head while Xavier and I were running in our wolf forms towards our pack. Alarick had killed Kurt's father. So, Kurt wanted revenge. When Kurt came to know that Alarick's mate belonged to my pack, he had attacked my pack so that he could get his revenge by killing Alarick's mate. As soon as I set foot in my territory, I change into my human form and wear my clothes quickly. I rush towards the pack house and barge inside. Matt and Darius stand up when they see me enter the living room. When I finish telling them about my conversation with Samara's sister, Tonya, Matt says, "I knew that Alarick killed Kurt's father but I never thought that the reason why Kurt attacked our pack was to get revenge."

"Wait a minute," I say. "You knew that Alarick killed Kurt's father and you didn't bother to tell me about it?"

"I didn't tell you about it because I know that any matter relating to Kurt is a touchy subject for you," Matt says in his defense.

"Matt, I happen to be your Beta! You just can't keep hiding things from me!" I say. I'm really angry at him.

"I was just concerned for you, Chriselda," he says.

I hold up my hand. "I don't want to talk to you right now," I say and head to my room, slamming the door behind me. Why do people hide things from me? I lie on my bed and think things over. I have the full right to be angry at Matt. He is my friend. He is not supposed to hide things from me. Just then, I hear the opening of the front door.

"Alarick wants you and Chriselda at his pack house right now," I hear Charles say.

"But why?" Matt asks.

"I don't know," Charles replies. "Alarick just told me to get you and Chriselda."

After a minute, my bedroom door is opened by Matt. "Alarick wants both of us at his pack house right now," he says. Why would Alarick want me and Matt at his pack house? Before I left his pack house, I remember that he had gone to prison to interrogate Kurt's companions. Maybe they have told him something about Kurt and maybe Alarick wants to share that information with me and Matt.

A few minutes later, Matt and I find ourselves standing in the living room of Alarick's pack house. The other people present in the living room are Alarick, Charles, Daniel and Samara. I look at her in confusion. What is she doing here? 

I turn my head to face Alarick as he starts speaking to me, "You must be wondering why I've called you here. Well, here's the reason. I've called you here to break our bond."