Chapter 10: Swings in the Park

***JUST A QUICK REMINDER TO VOTE/COMMENT/FAN ME PLEASE***

Chapter 10: Harry

To quote a catchy tune I've been obsessed with: she looks so perfect standing there. Her gorgeous brown curly locks swing back and forth as she walks away, deeper into the city. Her head turns to the right, looking at all the pedestrians scouring the area to search for the perfect spot to celebrate their New Year's kiss.

Luckily, I was able to catch a flight out of Amsterdam and into Boston where I took a cab to this city to surprise my beautiful love. And now, she is only twenty feet in front of me, completely oblivious to the fact that I'm following her.

She pulls her hand out of her pocket and then looks down at it, her quick pace slowing slightly. She shakes her head, stuffing her hand back in her pocket. She was probably just checking her phone.

As I follow her smaller body, I see that she is leading herself, and of course me, into a park covered in dead bushes, and shrubbery. Our footsteps crunch on top of the pearly white snow, blending in with the city's traffic.

She saunters over to the swing sets, watching as children are pushed by older siblings and parents. Laughs and tiny giggles escape their mouths, giving the park a joyful air to it.

"Let's go, Maddie!" A mother calls as her daughter climbs up a ladder and eventually goes down a slide. "Andrew! Come on, darling. Let's go get some hot chocolate."

I watch as two petite blonde haired kids follow their mother away from the swings and to the entrance, where I stand with my hands stuffed in my pockets along with a beanie on my head.

Lydia looks around, waiting to see if someone wants to have a go at the swings before she takes it up. Her feet carry her over to the last swing on the end, my hoodie swaying on her small frame as she walks.

As she sits down, I can't help but watch as her hands reach up to the cords connecting the seat to the bar, her fingers curling around them at head level.

This moment is picture perfect. So, I whip out my phone, snapping a quick picture of her, amusing myself with the content look on her face. Her face is just barely angled to the right, giving me a view of her angelic face.

I begin to make my way over, avoiding the throng of people moving around. My steps blend in with the crowd as to not give myself away to her, at least not yet.

Ten feet behind her just barely swinging body, I send her a text.

I just want to let you know something...

When I press send, I hear a small ding a few seconds later coming from the girl in front of me. Her head perks up at the noise and one of her hands goes to take out her phone from my sweater's pocket.

My god, I love it when she wears my clothes.

Her response to my text is: What is it?

I smile to myself, glad I shut the ringer off. I stuff my phone back into my pant's pocket as I begin to make my way over. By now, Lydia has put her phone away and her hands have returned to their original position on the cords. Her feet are just barely kicking the ground for her to move.

Stepping up behind her body, I can just faintly hear her breathing, slowly and steady. Gently, I wrap my hands around hers by her head, earning me a small gasp. I bend down to be head-level with her.

"I love you," I whisper in her ear, just loud enough for her to hear.

Her head turns quickly to meet my own and our noses brush. Astonishment glazes her eyes and fades away into bliss.