Chapter 4: Nachos

***JUST A QUICK REMINDER TO VOTE/COMMENT/FAN ME PLEASE***

Chapter 4: Lydia

After my own mother screamed that at me, my throat began to close up from hurt. Pain ran through my veins and all I wanted was run away.

She stormed passed me, her bony shoulder cracking into mine fiercely. I heard her lights footsteps race up the staircase and to, where I guessed she go, her bedroom.

Leaning my back against the hallway's wall, I feel my heart begin to crumble. I was yelled at tons of times throughout my life, even shrieked at, but those words hit me where they haven't gone in awhile.

"Lydia," Harry's voice whispers.

I couldn't bring myself to look up at him. I knew that he'd pity me for what she just said, but I didn't want it right now. I didn't want any of it.

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry." Dad's voice says above me. I see feet by my own and I attempt to swallow the lump in my throat, but fail miserably.

"She hates me." I mutter pathetically, not knowing what to do.

"She doesn't really hate you, Darling. She's just mad that I'm here." Dad tries to soothe me, but I'm not having any of it.

"Yeah, it probably doesn't help that I'm here either." Harry tells me, trying to lighten the mood with a chuckle. I snap my head up to look at the two men standing before me.

Anger floods through me like it did back in Los Angeles. How, dare she.

"Fuck. Her." I say lowly.

Harry's eyes widen and Dad's jaw drops.

"Ly...Lydia?" Dad whispers gently.

I push myself off the floor and snap up into a standing position.

"Fuck her! How dare she even blame me for this fucking problem!" I yell, not caring who heard or what happened.

"Babe, I think you're getting carried away now." Harry steps near me.

"No, Harry. I'm really not over reacting. I'm done with her."

"Um, what?" Harry attempts.

"I'm moving out of here. I'm 18 years old and I don't have to listen to her anymore." I state, beginning to pace the ground excitedly. "All my life I have tried to please that woman, and for what? I get called all these horrific names, I'm physically and mentally tormented by her words and I am never good enough for her!"

The two are silent as I think through my plan. I'd call a moving company to help me pack up all my belongings. I'd create a new bank account that she would never get a hold of or control. I'd finally move out of this small Vermont town and into the city where my university is.

Hell! I could quit that job and move anywhere I'd like!

"Sweetheart, you have that look on your face I always get when I'm up to no good." Dad explains, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm just so done with her and all the trouble she causes for me. I'm ready to take my place as an adult in this world."

*****

A few hours later, I'm on the phone with a moving company in the city. They agreed to a certain price in order to help me move all my things into a small truck. Before that, I went to the bank and withdrew all of my money from my account and created a new one with better deals to fit my needs as an 18 year old living on her own.

"You seem so much more...cheery." Harry tells me before coughing slightly into his jacket sleeve. November was getting cooler up here in the North East.

"That's because I'm excited." I smirk, bumping shoulders with him. "Aren't you?" I see him physically swallow a lump in his throat. "What's wong?"

"Reminder: never piss off Lydia unless you want to be murdered." Harry says, as if making a mental note of it.

"Oh, shut it." I giggle, looking around at the town.

Remenants of the storm still scattered the town, most of it melted away and gone. Shops were up and running all the time, making it grand to go eat lunch with my lover.

"Do you like nachos?" I question said lover.

"I'll eat 'em. They're just not my to die for favorites." H e tells me, looking around at the shops aswell.

"Come on, I know the best place for them then!" I loop my arm through his and pull his tall frame towards my town's local Mexican restaurant.

We walk in and Harry ducks his head, now studying the laces in his boots.

"Table for two, please." I ask the hostess politely.

She grins at the two of us, motioning for us to follow to the table. I slip my gloved hand into Harry's, guiding his through the slightly busy restaurant.

The place was designed in a very colorful manner. Red, green and yellow were the main colors that surrounded almost every surface. I sat down at the table, Harry plopping down directly across from me. She hands us our menues and tells us our waiter will be here momentarily.

I open my menu, looking over it to the boy I am completely, utterly, hopelessly in love with. His eyes twinkle slightly as they scan over the words the menu held, taking each in slowly and patiently.

"Are you enjoying yourself checking me out?"

I nearly jump in embarrassment when he tells me this. A dark crimson color flushes my neck, cheeks and ears and I look down blushing.

"I love it when you blush. You look like a small kitten." He sticks his tongue out playfully at me. I do the same and giggle. "What do I remind you of?" He questions.

"Hmm, I don't know." I reply honestly. "All I know is that you are this magnificent person that I was doomed to fall in love with from the start."

Again, I feel myself blush at the cheesy words I just spoke.

"Oh, man." Harry says, folding the menu up and placing it in front of him.

I close my menu, mimicking him. Raising an eyebrow, I ask, "What?"

"You are giving me some honest lyrics I'm going to write for you someday." He explains, just as I see our waiter walk out of the kitchen.

"Oh, really? Is that a threat?" I mutter, a smirk playing on my lips.

The waiter steps up to our table and takes out his notepad, flipping to a new page.

"No, that's a promise I'll keep for a lifetime." Harry tells me before turning his attention to our waiter, grinning at him like the lovestruck fool he was.

I had no doubt he'd hold his word to that.

*****

I'm pretty glad she's starting a new life without her mom. Aren't you?

Remember to drop a vote, a comment, and add it to your library so you know when I update. Also, fan me? You will get a notification if you do.

What new problems will arise for Lydia now that she's declared her independence?

Find out in chapter 5!

LOVE YOU!

-Caroline