Chapter 11: Waiting

***JUST A QUICK REMINDER TO VOTE/COMMENT/FAN ME PLEASE***

Chapter 11: Harry

Sitting in the waiting room of the emergency room has been a nightmare. The thought of not knowing what is going through Lydia's body at the moment has put me on edge.

"Just relax, Harry," Louis' calming voice speaks through my cellphone. Some noise in the background can be heard but all I can hear is the silence that had grown in Lydia's apartment when she first passed out.

"I can't. What if-"

"No, there are no what if's. She'll be good. She was probably just sick or something."

Oh, yeah. They don't know her secret.

"Yeah, hopefully." I mutter whilst running my fingers through my messy hair.

I hear him sigh from the other end of the line, "Keep me posted on her status, all right? If you need anything just give me a call. I'll... I'll explain why you aren't here."

"Thank you, Louis." I smile to myself, so damn grateful that I have a friend, and brother, like him.

"Keep in touch, yeah?" He questions.

"Of course." I say just as two very familiar figures walk through the waiting room doors from the outside world, scowls on each of their faces. "Um, Lou. I need to go right now."

"Alrighty, then. Bye, mate." He sounds unsure of himself.

"Er...bye." I mumble, shoving my phone in my pocket.

"Where is she?" Lydia's mother demands, pushing herself up against the receptionist's desk.

"Who is this 'she', ma'am?" The woman behind the desk answers, her eyes looking away from her computer's screen.

"Lydia Sky." Her mother responds, her fingers tapping anxiously against the desk top.

The second person, who arrived with Lydia's mother, looks around the waiting room, as if searching for something. Or, rather someone. Their eyes land on me and they walk over, taking a seat to the left of me.

"Hello, Harry." My love's father nods his head at me in a hello fashion.

"Hello, Mr. Sky." I nod back, keeping my head down to avoid his ex-wife's cold hard glare.

"What happened to her?"

I clear my throat awkwardly.

"She, er." I rub the back of my throat. "She was given a vial which contained the cure to why her scales have been disappearing."

"From whom?" He cocks his head in confusion.

"A mermaid expert. It's a long story..." I feel a headache beginning.

"I demand to see my daughter!" I hear a slightly high-pitched woman's voice yell. "Right now!"

"Sit down, or else I'll have to ask you to leave."

The two of us look over to the desk to see Ms. Sky glaring down at the woman, a scowl on her face. Her dark eyes are narrowed and her jaw is stiff.

"Fine, let me know when I can see her." She states before turning around to face the rest of the room.

All of our eyes are on her. The little boy with a black eye and his mother are sitting in the corner, watching in disbelief. An old man with a wet cloth over his forehead has his mouth held a gap.

"Cynthia, come sit down before you embarrass yourself further." Mr. Sky looks at Lydia's mother and my eyes widen at the slightly older name. She didn't look like a Cynthia.