*Chapter 17: Third time Lucky

Until all the words are said, and all conflicts solved, peace cannot occur. Because it's not in human nature to simply stop a war nor forget it without a reason.

Morning would always follow after the night, no matter how far it seemed to be. I usually embraced those mornings, the one that made my nightmares instantly disappear with a single ray of the early sun, but that day was another story.

If it weren't for the annoying ringing of Blake's phone and those relentless rays of the light that couldn't find a better place to fall on but my eyes, I probably wouldn't have woken up this early. I waited and waited, being able to deal with the sun rays, but the ringing of his phone that had really started going on my nerves was just unavoidable. I wanted to move and crush it. Move. I couldn't move. Only when I opened my eyes completely did I realize the situation I was thrown in: or better, entangled with. Somehow, unbeknown to me, I had managed to fall asleep with Blake in the same bed. Which wasn't really that confusing like the fact that he was literally hugging the life out of me so tightly that I couldn't even move! At all.

His leg that weighed a ton held mine in place. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't escape. His right arm had me hugged from behind, somehow trapping my own next to my chest which I also couldn't move even for an inch as I was left to wonder how the hell did we manage to get in that position.

I tried to recall what happened last night. Christmas was just as I saw it happen. A complete disaster. And in the end of it all, I didn't even get to spend it with Ayden as I had promised him. I could only think that he was really disappointed because he was really looking forward to it. It's been two years since we got to celebrate it properly and now after all that happened with Maria . . . Oh, God! What if he thought that I left with her and forgot about him? He didn't see us arguing to the end, what if he came to believe that I have abandoned him? I needed to find him.

I swung my head back mentally cursing when I realized how strong Blake's jaw was when I started to feel pain from the impact. Fuck! Why was I even surprised, he had a defined jaw so it's only normal that hitting that thing would result in me feeling pain instead. He grumbled and I smiled. At least one thing went right.

"Blake! Wake up, I need to stand up," I said and he only mumbled some incoherent words before snuggling his face in my neck making the hairs on my arms rise. That fucking tickled, especially with those breaths of his on my skin!

"Blake I'll bite off your nose if you don't let me go right this moment!" I tried again, but my complaint was followed by the moment of silence before he said only one word making me want to kill him.

"Nope."

Did he just nope me?

Slowly, not giving away anything that would give him time to prepare ahead, I moved my head forward pretending to just run from him before taking a deep breath. Knowing all too well the consequences I'd feel with my skin, I decided to sacrifice mx head for the greater good. And with all the strength I had, I swung it back, hearing a satisfying curse from him indicating that he was in pain. As if. He easily blocked my head with his arm before I could do any damage.

Nonetheless, I managed to use this change to get away from him.

"Victory!" I yelled with an enormous smile on my face, already forgetting about Blake as I waited for the words of complaint that would most definitely follow.

"I will murder you," was all he said with his voice still groggy from the sleep. I only chuckled, moving myself to a sitting position and slowly taking my legs one after another from his. Freedom.