*Chapter 18: About that kiss...

Crying is the only way your eyes speak when your mouth can't explain how broken you are.

For the second time on that day, I woke up next to Blake. Or at least, I thought it was still that day.

The first thing that came to my mind was a single question: Was I going too fast? So many things had happened that I was confused about my own actions. I was never in a relationship before, I was too shy in the past to even kiss a guy and now I was suddenly pregnant and engaged to the person I knew almost nothing about. I didn't even know his favorite thing to do. What he liked? Disliked?

Damn, this really was like casually picking cabbage on the road. The old woman was right, it's just that she was wrong about the age issue.

I never bothered to know any of those, I just accepted whatever was thrown my way with a nod, why was I like that? Was something wrong with me? Why was I different? Was I wrong in some way? All I did was bring disaster wherever I went, I was probably just a burden to Blake. He was free, yet he suddenly had a woman to take care of. I was sure that even he wanted to be freed of me.

The previous day was so eventful that I'm surprised I could even sleep. And that kiss? The more I tried to ignore the fact that it happened, the more it came back to bite me. I glanced at Blake knowing that I had to ask him what was it all about or I was going to get insane from all those merciless thoughts of mine. I was not going to lie, he seemed to know what he was doing with that kiss, but then again why was I even wondering? I mean, it was Blake we're talking about, I'd be surprised if that man didn't know anything.

What if he were to just say something like: Oh, it was just an ordinary kiss. How was I supposed to react? I mean it was my first kiss after all, but somehow, one part of me was glad that it was Blake who took it, not someone else; he was my soon-to-be husband and I always wanted to keep it for the guy I'd be marrying. Old fashioned or just foolish, I didn't know.

And then again, that statement sounded so wrong.

Sighing, I tried to get up, but his arm grabbed my waist before bringing me back to his chest.

There goes getting up.

"Stay," he mumbled sheepishly as he yawned, I fought my urge to pinch his cheeks at how cute he looked. But I stopped, that was most definitely not the way my thoughts were supposed to go, what was wrong with me. Why was I so relaxed around him? It was not love, I reminded myself. Trust? No, I didn't think so, I did trust him up to some point but only as much as I could without knowing his real life. Returning to the previous matter, I tried to trick him into getting up.

"But Blake, we should get up. We've been sleeping for the entire day," I replied, realizing just how long we've been sleeping. I have never slept through the entire day.

"So what? We said that we'll be up for dinner, not the rest of the day." He opened his eyes before staring at me, with what I could guess was intensity. Those blue eyes of his seemed to engulf me. Odd eyes he had, they seemed to have emotions, but when you'd look deeper at them, they seemed like they didn't know what emotions is at all. I removed my gaze feeling that if I stared any longer at them, I'd drown in their cold ambience.

Unknown. Yes, Blake was a completely unknown man to me, I could never guess who he really was.

"Still, it's not healthy to sleep this much, the last thing we ate was lunch," I mumbled, trying to hide my discomfort. My mind coming back like karma to me, reminding me, whispering to my ears like a slow torture.

You don't know him.

"Are you hungry?" that got his attention as he pulled up, already moving to the edge of the bed to get up. That worked if nothing else. Wait, was I?