*Chapter 03: All it Took was One Night

Edited on 14th November 2015 (04.15 at morning lol)
Final edits: 21st August

R-rated parts have been taken down. Anyone interested in them can read the old version edited by fan here:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/63563312

Link is also in description of the book.

___________________

Never judge a book by its cover. Especially when someone else gives you opinion on it.

The girl in front of me had perfectly curled blonde hair. Her lips were dyed red and she looked so pretty. Her black dress went along her skin and her waist then freely fell down to her mid-thigh. She wore black heels to match it perfectly. This was not me.

"I swear, if I weren't a girl, I would so bang you," Melissa said. I moved my gaze away from the mirror to look at her. I asked for her help to prepare because honestly, I didn't want to look desperate when I met with that guy. Thankfully, Melissa gladly accepted.

"Thanks, but I think that I'll be having nightmares because of that sentence." I told her I was going on a date tonight, not wanting to tell her the real reason behind me going out. That guy, I think his name is Blake, told me to be ready by half past six, and it was a bit by then at the moment.

Honestly, I thought that the whole reason I asked for help from Melissa was because I was scared to do this alone and somehow hoped that she'll get what's going on and prevent me from doing it. But she didn't. Another part of me was telling me to put on a fake mask for Ayden's sake and get through all of this. I was a coward. I won't deny it. One part of me wanted this for Ayden's sake while the other was telling me to run and to forget everything. Though the fear would always win the conflict in my head, I still couldn't voice out my worries to Melissa. One way or another, my thoughts would always come back to that one single person. Ayden.

After saying goodbye, Mel left. She said that she had some important business to deal with and I was left alone for the next fifteen minutes to wait until he arrived. If he even will.

I might have been a virgin and I might have always planned on having my first time with a guy that would be my husband, the one that I was going to love, but fate had a funny way of trampling on our wishes. I could choose to follow the traces of my dreams and lose Ayden or give up the future I planned out and have the most precious person stay by my side. Truth to be told, the choice was simple. It was so simple, but I was afraid. What if it was all fake? How could I know for sure that he was going to keep his word? It was stupid of me to trust so easily. What if he never even came?

I was angry at first, but now I no longer cared. It's give and take. The guy wanted something I could give him, and I needed something he could give me. Perhaps I was numbed by life so much that I actually didn't really care about anything. I like to think that I'm more mature than others of my age, but it seems like I'm still being unreasonable like a child.

When that Blake guy asked me for a one-night stand, I wanted to slap him. I really did, but then I remembered Ade. I had to be strong for him. There's no way in hell I'm going to let him down. Even if I was still nervous and insecure, the only thing that didn't waver even for a second was the fact that I wanted Ayden to live. It all became clear after remembering that. Even if I tried to run, I'd always come back for Ayden. I'd always stay unchangeable and determined for his sake because he was precious.

Melissa told me that she managed to contact her brother she hasn't spoken with in years, but she wasn't sure as to how she should confront him. Not wanting to bother her as I knew that she had cut off her connections with her entire family, I only told her that I've found a friend from a long time ago that was willing to give me the money. I then proceeded to lie that he introduced me to some nice guy who wanted to meet with me and talk about Ayden. This guy would be so passionate about donating money to help him that I just had to accept. She was glad that my life went well.