Chapter Twenty-six

Alyssa

I groaned as I stretched my body, shaking that tired feeling you get when you're just waking up. I watched as Nathan shrugged his coat jacket on, not noticing that I was awake. It's been three days that I've been sick and I've slept in Nathan's room ever since.

His room had a more masculine vibe than mine with grey, black and white as the main colors. His bed was just as comfortable as mine but smelt just like him. I often found myself burying my face in a pillow to get a whiff. That's not creepy, right?

“Morning.” I greeted, calling his attention to me.

He smiled in return. “Morning, Love. Feeling better?”

“Yeah, thanks.”

He touched my forehead with his palm just to check my temperature but it make something in my stomach turn. I thought Nathan was caring before now he's he was close to being smothering.

“I have to go to work today.” He informed me. “Can you handle staying with Oliver today?”

I shrugged. “I guess.”

“You two should stay in bed, I want you to have enough rest. Especially Oliver.”

“Sure”

Oliver came down with a little cold yesterday but he's not so bad. Plus, I know with him in my sights all day, Christopher wouldn't have the chance to hurt him, at least I think so.

Nathan left not long after and I went out for breakfast with Oliver. Mrs Johnson had breakfast ready for us and Oliver was already sitting at the kitchen island.

Come to think of it we have never eaten on the actual dinning table.

“Morning, Olly.” I greeted, kissing his forehead.

He never really had a high temperature but he was weak and not quite himself. He coughed and sneezed a lot and his voice had become very nasally.

“Hi, Ally.” He sniffed. “I feel like my head is going to explode and implode at the same time.”

I had to hold my laugh in. “I know, you look it.”

He glared at me with narrowed eyes. He wanted to look scary but honestly he was just too adorable. “That wasn't funny. I feel like I'm dying!”

“It's just a cold, Olly. You aren't go to die.”

“How are you so sure?” He challenged.

“The doctor said so. You'll be okay.”

“If they learn anything from dictionaries, we can't trust them. In fact, I don't trust anything in books. We don't know if aliens wrote them. Books are evil!” He declared dramatically with a cough at the end.

I couldn't hold my laugh at that time. “Books are not evil. Can I tell you something?”

“That's kind of how conversations work, Ally.”

I swear, since he got sick he's become even more sassy. “When I was younger, I wanted to be a writer.”

He scrunched up his nose. “Why? That sounds very boring.”

I giggled. “I loved reading and writing was so interesting. I wanted to write things that people would be interested in and pick up to read casually.”

“Any good book will eventually become a movie so just go write a script.” He stuffed a piece of bacon into his mouth.

“You won't understand, Olly.” I smiled sadly at my own plate of bacon.