Chapter 5

Panic begins to take over my body as I scan over the multiple outfits I have thrown over my grey comforter

Panic begins to take over my body as I scan over the multiple outfits I have thrown over my grey comforter. The second I hung up the phone with Noah, the only thing on my mind was the need to make myself look somewhat presentable. It was a nice change. Especially since all I have been thinking about for the last twenty-four hours is how much of an ass I made of myself yesterday.

My fingers trace over the floral design of a long sleeve dress, and the second I pick it up, I throw it back down. Noah would know something is up.

One side of my lip curls upwards in a snarl knowing damn well I should just throw on a pair of leggings and a tank top. But here I am, trying to impress someone I shouldn't even be worried about.

It's Noah, for crying out loud.

With a final huff, I settle on a pair of light boyfriend-cut jeans. I immediately regret my decision. At only eight weeks pregnant, my jeans are already feeling snug. I was well into my second trimester when I first started showing with Gavin. This time around, I need to squeeze into my pants like a sausage in its casing.

A knock on the door pulls me from my pity party, and I grab the first top I can find. Thankfully it is baggy enough to hide my muffin top.

I yell a quick "Come in" as I rush to the kitchenette to grab a snack for Gavin.

The wood door creaks open, and Gavin turns to greet our guest. "No No Bucky!"

He jumps off the couch, and his little curls bounce as he runs to Noah. Noah bends down to Gavin's level and swoops him up in his muscular arms.

I think I just creamed my pants.

My head shakes from side to side, desperate to erase the inappropriate thoughts from my pregnancy, sex-crazed brain.

Noah looks over to me, and my heart rate picks up. Yes, his eyes have always left me breathless, but there is something different about them. Maybe it was the way they turned a shade darker when I kissed him. I desperately want to see them change colors once again.

Gavin's eyes stay glued to Noah, while Noah's stay fixated on mine.

Fucking hell, he looks good carrying a kid.

My hand snaps up and begins to rub my eyes as the impure thoughts continue to take over.

Noah clears his throat, and I quickly meet his eyes once again. He is standing next to me, and I want nothing more than to hug him.

Hypnotized by how he and Gavin greeted each other, I didn't realize he was holding a small gift bag. Noah slides it across the counter, and my hand shakes as I reach out for it. "What did you do?"

Noah's broad shoulders shrug, and I notice a slight blush take over his cheeks.

I have known Noah Buckman for most of my life, and I have never seen him blush as much as I have the past few days.