Chapter 8

I woke up this morning with one thing on my mind— Annie Nolan

Although last night didn't go exactly as planned, it was perfect. I've dated before, even had a few girlfriends, but I have never felt so connected to someone. Shane was right. I was always waiting for Annie.

I would be lying if I said her accusations of me sleeping with Meg didn't hurt, but my heart felt like it was ripped from my chest when I saw her upset. The way she opened up to me and owned her insecurities only made me fall harder. Her emotions were raw, and it just confirmed that I would do anything for her.

And that kiss. It was like nothing I have ever experienced before.

The way her soft body felt against mine plays over in my mind as I make myself breakfast. I burn my eggs when I get lost in the memory of how her soft body felt against mine.

There is a knock at the door, and I almost drop my food when I hear my dad say, "Annie! What a surprise!"

"Hello, Mr. Buckman, is Noah around?" There is a slight tremor in her voice, causing chills to run down my back.

I quickly run to the door and nearly slip to my death on the tile floor. I hear my mom's voice, and it instantly puts a smile on my face. "No running in the house, Noah!"

My stomach flips when I see Annie standing talking to my father. Her beauty continues to leave me speechless. The way her chestnut hair falls on her shoulders has my fingers itching to run through the soft curls.

Annie's honey eyes go wide when she looks in my direction. I glance down and realize that I'm only in sweats with my chest is on full display. She licks her lips, and the simple action has my dick straining against my pants.

I really need to stop popping boners in front of our parents.

She continues to scan over my body, and I can only pray that she likes what she sees.

I'm only pulled from my thoughts when my dad clears his throat. "You know, I'm positive your mom is up there dancing right now. She was always rooting for you two."

Annie's cheeks turn the most beautiful crimson color that makes my stomach flip.

She looks over to my dad with a smile and reaches for his hand. "That means more to me than you will ever know. I adored her. I hope you know that, Mr. Buckman."

My father pulls Annie into a fatherly hug. Watching the two share this moment only proves that she is the girl for me.

When they pull apart, my dad holds Annie at arm's length. His smile is so broad that his diples are on full display. I can't remember the last time I've seen him like that. "Annie, Honey. Please call me Ross. I think it's time you dropped Mr. Buckman." Annie nods her head, but my father has more to say. "As for Lucy, the feeling is mutual. She loved you intensely, probably more than her sons."