Epilogue

It has been a month since Noah has left, and what a month it has been

Our relationship is going strong, but the world has been faced with a global pandemic that is shaking humanity to its core.

Governments are shut down, people are quarantined, and life is not what it used to be.

Gavin and I are secluded to the pool house, never stepping foot in my parent's home. They live twenty feet away, but it's like they aren't even there. Both Mom and Charles work in the medical field and, since I'm pregnant, they want to prevent any unnecessary exposure to the virus that has taken over the world. Heck, they even sent Liam to stay with our older brother, Ben, until we learn more about the effects Covid can have on us.

Gavin is clueless and sitting in his little bubble, thinking it's a special treat that we watch his favorite television shows on repeat.

I'm so bored that my eyes are about to pop out of my head if I have to watch another show involving talking dogs.

I praise the big guy above when my phone plays its catchy tune relieving me from my child cartoon hell.

My face lights up when I realize it's Noah. "You're calling early today, Handsome. Miss me?"

Noah releases a light chuckle, and I am counting down the days until I get to hear it in person again. "I've got a surprise for you."

There is a light tap at my door, and my heart pounds against my ribcage. "Noah Buckman, what did you do?"

He doesn't answer, and when I look at my phone, I know why. The jerk hung up on me.

Another knock fills the room, and I rush to open it up.

When I do, a gust of wind could have knocked me off my feet. My legs turn to putty when I realize Noah is standing at my door.

It takes a few moments for my brain to catch up, but once I can fully process that he is here and not on my phone screen, I release an ear-piercing scream.

The suggested six-foot distance rule slips my mind and jumps into Noah's arms. I begin to smother him in kisses as his arms squeeze tightly around my waist, bringing us as close as possible.

After I kiss every possible spot on his face, I plant one on his perfect, pink lips. "What are you doing here?"

Noah carries me through the door and away from the early spring chill. "They postponed the season. I don't know when I have to go back."

Gavin does a double-take before realizing who came to visit. "No No!"

He runs as fast as his little legs can take him before clinging on to Noah's leg. I press my lips on Noah's one last time before releasing myself from his firm grip.

Gavin is quick to take my place when Noah scoops him up and sets him on his hip.

I make my way over to the couch, and Noah follows my lead. My son has his arms so tightly wrapped around Noah's neck that he doesn't move as they sit down together.