Sway

Santiago's POV:-

Is there something on my face or she is just genuinely shocked?

It's not like we didn't kiss before but oh well this girl surely tests my limits. The only reason behind I kissed her in the first place was to make that British dude believe that we are really in a relationship.

And maybe just MAYBE I was a bit jealous of him but I'm never admitting it so that's that.

"Relax. I'm only kidding... unless?" I whispered in her ear which made her completely flustered.

We eventually made our way to where the event was about held and the first person I saw was none other than the British guy.

Oh, look at my nerve! It's on fire!

I glanced at Claire who was looking rather happy before looking in Liam's direction as approached us. He was in a blue suit with his glasses on, looking less handsome than I am but very... British.

"glad to see you two finally here" he chirped as he clasped his hands together. Claire smiled softly as he kissed her knuckles before he turned his attention towards me.

I gave him a serious glare as we shared a formal handshake," please make yourself comfortable. The ball will be starting in a bit"

He informed us before getting disappeared in the crowd," care to have a drink, pretty little thing?"

I questioned as I turned my eyes toward hers to which she responded in affirmation. Surprising, I know.

And then we had a few drinks, okay, it was more than a few but neither of us got drunk... Yet.

We continued to drink and shared small talks until that British guy announced that the ball is about to start.

I stood up from my seat and asked for her hand, "may I have this dance?" I asked politely with a smirk.

"It's not like I have a choice" She sighs and took my hand before I led us to the dance floor.

I am being a gentleman man now! Come the fuck on!

We both took our positions as 'sway' by Michael Bublé started to play in the background and we started to dance, closing the distance between us.

she felt soft... warm wrapped around my arms but her expression was cold as ice. our eyes never broke the contact as we danced.

"I didn't know you were good at dancing" She commented coldly as I made my grip on her waist a little firmer.

"oh, there are a lot more things I'm good at"

She tried to hide her blush but miserably failed. We danced in such ecstasy and passion that none of us cared about who is watching.

she clung to my shoulder the whole time as I placed my hand on her back and our free hands were intertwined with each other.

there were moments where our faces were only inches apart, tension raise between us yet I tried to appear unbothered.

"God, I hate pretending... Pretend that we are a thing in front of everyone and fight over a stupid deal when we are alone"

Her words felt like a dagger straight to my heart. I don't know if it's her or the alcohol talking.

"Are you falling for me, pretty little thing?"

I trail my fingers on her arm and she shivered under my touch. I swiftly wrapped my arm around her waist and got closer to her as she swayed her hips. 

"Evil can't fall for evil," She said in almost a whisper, enough for me to hear it.

"What if, evil falls for evil?"

As the song started to come to an end, I spun her effortlessly before pulling her utterly close to me by lifting her bare thigh, and she didn't waste a minute in coiling it around my leg.

We shared a long stare as applause filled the room. Neither she let go of me and nor did I.

I just want to stay like this for a bit longer. I want to feel that warmth for another moment. I just wanted this dance to never-

Snap out of it, Santiago! She's a business rival.

Reality hit me in the face and I finally let go of her, "Never..." She murmured before leaving me on the dance floor alone.  

                       ✦✧✧ - ✧✧✦

Somebody just date me. I'm soooooo single. AAAAAAAAA!

VotE AnD CoMmEnT If YoU PlEasE. TakE CArE oF YOuRsElF aNd StAy HAPpY. I'll SeE ArOUnd TilL tHeN...

HASTA LA VISTA BABY 😘