Another Day Another Girl

Cara's POV:-

*Beep* *Beep*

*Beep* *Beep*

'Ugh... Here we go again.... ahh! Good fucking morning!'

I groan as I sat up straight on the bed. I grabbed my phone and checked my schedule before heading to the bathroom.  

After getting dressed I rushed towards my black Jaguar and drove to my workplace.

Being a CEO isn't a piece of cake. You have to work your ass off to keep everything in check, give speeches, order around, but the fun part was firing employees which I enjoyed. 

My father was a successful businessman but after he died. I decided to take matters into my own hands which turned out just fine.

I let out a sigh as I stepped out of my car and walked into the building like a boss which I am.

I nodded and slightly smiled as everyone wished me ' good morning'.  without making any conversation with anyone I stroamed into my office.

"I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!" Boomed a voice in the halls and I knew exactly who it was.

Dean. My manager.

" Hey, sorry I'm late... Again" he said, walking into my office which made me roll my eyes.

" Of course you are. What's your excuse this time?" I asked, without looking at him.

"I was... Occupied" he replied awkwardly which made me look at him.

I glanced at the bite mark on his neck," yeah... I can see that" I sarcastically stated.

"You know Amara-" " I am not interested to know whom you're sleeping with, Dean," I said cutting him off.

"You know what I always say, Cara. Another day another girl" he smirked.

"Did you bring me a coffee?" I asked quickly changing the subject, knowing exactly he didn't.

"Oh... Shit.... I'll be right back" with that he ran out of my office. Not wanting to get shot by my gun.

This guy always makes me wonder why he is still my manager. Typical Dean.

I continued to do some paperwork until my phone started to ring.

"Please don't tell me you are calling to know which type of coffee I prefer, Dean," I said, answering the call.

"wrong person. Try again." said the voice.

"Ashton?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Bingo!" He exclaimed.

"Hey... What's up? Where the heck you have been?!" I asked my best friend who is also a lawyer, who also went MIA about a month ago. Knowing Ashton, I'm not even surprised

He chuckled, "I was busy with my case and... I'm back in New York now. Wanna hang out?" He offered.

"You ash-hole! I thought you were dead or something!" I practically yelled at him, making him giggle.

"I'm sorry, my dear but as you can see I'm very much alive. So, I'll meet you at our place at seven. Don't be late, Anderson!" With that, he hung up the phone.

I smiled and placed my phone aside. I and Ashton were friends since college. It was very surprising we remained in contact after college ended but here we are...

"Here is your coffee, your highness," said Dean as he walked into my office and placed a cup of coffee on my desk.

"Finally..." I sighed before taking a sip of it. "you're welcome." He smirked before he started to leave.

After hours of working around, I didn't even realize how the time passed and it was already six,' shit! I am going to be late!'  

I cursed as I hurriedly grabbed my stuff and yelled, "DEAN!!" as I started to leave he walked in with headphones on.

"what now? I was in the middle of karaoking songs by Arctic monkeys " He grumbled at me as he took off his headphones.

"is that even a word?" I asked and he nodded like a smartass.

"whatever...  there are files on my table. I want you to analyze them and-" I couldn't even finish before he cut me off.

"easy there. where are you going? you don't usually leave before nine. what is special today?" he asked as he raised an eyebrow at me.

'hang on a second! am I his boss or is he mine?'  

"I am going to meet a friend of mine"

"Friend or boyfriend?" He teased

I rolled my eyes at his comment, "Shut up, Dean and get to work. I need that report finished by tomorrow" I commanded and left.

                       ✦✧✧ - ✧✧✦

WELL...? HERE IT IS! THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY BOOK. SKSKSK!!! I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN HOW HAPPY I AM.... *SCREAMS*

PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE A COMMENT. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND STAY HAPPY. I'LL SEE YOU SOON TILL THEN...

HASTA LA VISTA, baby! 😘