Runaway

Cara's POV:-

"Hey, Claire, are you alright?" I heard Dean's voice from the other end of the phone, he sounded worried. almost, panicking. something similar he sounds like when he doesn't get pie.

"Yeah, but are you?" I questioned him back, getting concerned at the tone of his voice.

He sighs deeply before replied to my question, "I'm fine. Look up at the news right now" He stated in a serious tone which made me worried.

I did what Dean asked me to and I couldn't believe my own eyes what I was seeing.

'breaking news: famous businesswomen Cara Anderson's car got bombed'

M-my Car?! My fucking car?!

My eyes widened in shock and I froze in the spot until I felt someone's touch on my arm.

"Claire..." He said in almost a whisper and I didn't move an inch. I stared at the TV screen until tears started to form in my eyes.

I'M AT...I'M AT MY FUCKING LIMIT!

I was about to cry until I felt a warm embrace and I couldn't help but melt at his touch. I clung onto his shoulders and silently sobbed. I didn't know to react to this news. So, all I did was sobbing on Santiago's shoulder.

"it's okay. You're safe with me" He whispered in my ear as he gently stroke my hair and I clung to his shoulders, staying close to him.

He made me sit down on the bed and fetch me water whilst I tried to calm myself. my eyes were filled with tears and I couldn't stop thinking about the image of my car blasting on the TV screen.

Santiago sat close beside me and looked at me carefully as I sipped on water. neither he said something nor did I. we just stared at each other until I shook my head and let out a deep sigh.

"why can't I have a normal life? why everything has to be so complicated? I just want to-"

"Runaway"

He said cutting my words off and I just looked at him in shock. Runaway? He just wants me to leave all of this and run?

"Look, Someone wants you dead and it's not safe for you to stay in the city for a while. So, why not take a break and just run off to somewhere nobody can recognize you?"

Now, that I think about it. It's not a bad idea. It's not safe for me to stay here unless I have a death wish.

"Fine but where?" I questioned him with a raised eyebrow and he gave me his signature smirk look. Yep, I sense trouble.

He lifted my chin and stared into my "I can take you anywhere, pretty little thing. From London to Paris. Anywhere you want" He said with a soft smile.

He got closer to my face and whipped my teary eyes," Actually, I would love to show you my hometown. Would you like to see that?" He asked in a very comforting voice to which I agreed.

"Perfect. I'll call the cops to start the investigation. Meanwhile, pack whatever you need. We are leaving in three hours"

He informed before leaving me in his room all by myself. I let out a deep sigh before calling Dean to get me my things.

Maybe I can get to know more about Santiago during this little trip, maybe I can finally see the real him. I do realize the circumstances for getting in more trouble but for once, I want to take a risk. A risk to get to know him...

                     ✦✧✧ - ✧✧✦

Sorry, for the late update, guys. I wasn't feeling my best lately. Thank you all for your votes and comments. I appreciate them a lot and hopefully, I'll try to update sooner next time.

VotE AnD CoMmEnT If YoU PlEasE. TakE CArE oF YOuRsElF aNd StAy HAPpY. I'll SeE ArOUnd TilL tHeN...

HASTA LA VISTA BABY 😘