Chapter Thirteen : Not The Time

A/n: Gotta say, this is definitely my favourite chapter so far. Things are finally starting to get interesting ;)

Hope you guys enjoy x

Y/n's POV:

"Hurry up Y/n or I swear to Merlin, we're going to be late!" Someone yelled, followed by some frantic knocks on my door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Jeez Lynn, could you maybe relax just a little bit?" I huffed, grabbing everything else I needed before quickly rushing out the door to chase after Lynn - who'd already begun to walk off without me in impatience.

"Well, were definitely going to be late now! It shouldn't take you so long to get changed!" They complained, triple checking their pockets for all their belongings.

"Angie isn't going to care if we're late, she'll already be half way through her butterbeer by then anyway. You need to learn how to relax, Lynn."

They sighed. "I know, I just hate being late to things. It really stresses me out."

"I can tell." I joked.

Lynn was always like this from as far back as I could remember. They where always a bit particular about stuff, sorting things in either hight or alphabetical order, liking to be on time to absolutely everything and just being generally nit picky about things. It annoyed me at times - especially when they where rushing me for no reason or waking me up extra early to get ready - but there where times where I was greatful for it. I would have gotten much more dentitions if it weren't for their persistence.

"Look, it's alright, I know you can't help it. Just don't expect me to wake up at 5am every morning like you do." I laughed lightheartedly. We shared a moment of humour, growing closer together as we walked and bumping arms as we giggled over who knows what.

"You're a mad woman." Lynn teased.

"So I've been told." I grinned cheekily.

"Have you got everything?" They asked for maybe the third time in the past minute.

"You know what, do you want to check yourself?" I said half-seriously, opening up my pockets for them to look into.

"You know what? That would actually help." I laughed again, getting all the stuff out of my pockets for them to mentally tick off.

"All good?" I asked after about 5 minutes.

"All good." They repeated, handing me back my stuff.

"So can we go now?" I asked.

"Oh sh!t! I completely forgot!" They jolted upright, grabbing onto my wrist to pull me behind them. My head fell back in laughter as I followed right after them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry we're late." Lynn huffed, plopping down in the seat next to the window as I took the other one.

"To be fair, I already knew you would be. I went ahead and ordered you guys some butterbeers." Angie smiled, taking a sip of her (as I predicted) half empty glass.

"You're a life saver, Angie." I thanked her, grabbing my glass and taking a gulp of butterbeer to settle my stomach until we got some food.

"So how's Quidditch going for you guys, Oliver still making you do those crazy warm ups?" Lynn asked, only taking a small sip from their drink.

Angie nodded. "Yes. I think the up and coming games are really stressing him out, it's all he'll ever talk about. Just on and on and on..." She trailed off, explaining a bit more of the situation. Apparently, he was being extra hard on the team about arriving on time and practicing every chance they can get. He even assigned them homework. Yes, you read that correctly. Homework!

"Can he even do that?" I asked, they both shrugged.

"Well, either way, maybe it'll be helpful. According to Flint, Slytherin's really going for us this season."

Angie groaned. "My Merlin do I hate that guy."

I laughed. "That I can easily agree on."

"Hey uh- hate to interrupt but this is perfect timing I guess. He's right over there!" Lynn quickly nudged their head over to their right, where we saw Oliver. He was seen standing alone, ordering what one could only assume was a butterbeer and fiddling impatiently as he waited for his name to be called.

"I'm going to call him over." Lynn waved their hand in the air to grab his attention.

"Hey! No, what are you doing?" I hissed, pulling down their back arm, hoping that we hadn't already caught his attention. "We where just complaining about him: annoying, irritating, a bit crazy... Any of those words ring a bell?"

"Oh will you relax! It's fine, I'm just saying hello."

"No, Lynn-" I began.

"Hey, Oliver! Over here!" They ignored me, cupping their hands around their mouth to call out to him.

I groaned, placing my head in my hands as Angie patted my back sympathetically.

"Hey guys." Oliver politely smiled, but quickly stopped when he saw me "Y/l/n." He uttered cooly.

I mentally sighed. Looks like it's going to be one of those days. "Wood." I retorted even colder than he had, taking another sip of my butterbeer to avoid conversation.

"How are you? How's Quidditch?" Lynn asked him. What where they trying to do, win him over? They're don't even like Quidditch!

He reluctantly continued the conversation, even though it was pretty clear that he didn't want to what so ever. "Good, just a little stressed out about it, that's all."

"I guess you could say that." I murmured. Angie let out a short snort in amusement.

Oliver whipped his head around towards me. "And what's your problem exactly?"

"My problem, Wood, is that you're letting out your frustrations on your team. Again. It's not fair to them at all."

"Always out after the greater good, Y/l/n." He not-so-subtly rolled his eyes at me.

"What I'm out for is not the greater good, but actually being nice to people who deserve it. And I never said I liked all things good, I've always preferred the villains." I shrugged.

"Oh amen!" Angie groaned. Lynn let out a short snort and I bit back a laugh.

Oliver had a look on his face that I couldn't quite place, an amused smile spread across his face before he looked at me. Something shifted in his eyes, I didn't know what it was - but I didn't like it.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. "Are you just going to keep staring at me or do you have something you want to add?" I asked accusingly.

"Nothing, mo chailín deas." He smirked, the Irish rolling off his tongue like honey and I tried my best to act like I wasn't blushing.

"What does the mean?" I asked, an eyebrow raised in confusion.

He only smirked. "You're always telling me how you're smarter than I am, you figure it out."

I scoffed as he walked away, angrily biting the inside of my cheek. I felt my friends eyes on me and I glared at them with an unassumed expression on my face. "What?" I asked, my words coming out a little harsher than intended.

They collectively smirked. "Nothinggg."