Chapter Fourteen : In The Air

Y/n's POV:

It was a bright a sunny day; the daises had begun to grow, popping up in the growing grass across the mile long field. The sun was coloured a lovely yellow, that not even the clouds could shy away from as the sky grew golden under its light. Even the whomping willow had seemed more relaxed than normal that day.

It was getting pretty close to Quidditch season, the first game only being days away and it was going to be Slytherin Vs Ravenclaw. Nobody knew what to expect because they where both such killer teams, but ever since Ravenclaw's star player had broken their leg because of a nasty DADA incident, it looked like Ravenclaw was going to have to dig deep.

"Look, all I'm saying is that chocolate frogs aren't that magical!" Lynn exclaimed, taking another bite out of their piece of toast.

"Says the person eating the most boring food known to man." I retorted, pointing at their slice of toast with a scarcely small amount of butter and jam spread on top.

Lynn huffed. "It's healthy and is more than one flavour! Chocolate is just chocolate."

"You need to buy yourself some new taste buds." I mumbled irritably, and took the last bite from my very own chocolate frog.

Lynn rolled their eyes at my antics, looking back out across the field. "Hey, is that Oliver and his team?" They had said abruptly, pointing just a few meters away.

I groaned. "Oh Merlin, please no."

"Relax, I don't think he'll actually come over here-"

"Oi, Y/n, Lynn!" Two familiar gingers call over.

"You're right, he won't. But they Twins might." I'd said.

They jogged over to us as the rest of the team stayed a bit behind. "Do you want to play against us?" Fred suggested, throwing the blunger up in the air and catching it again in the same hand tediously.

Lynn pressed their lips together to hide a small smile. "No thanks, I don't really know how to play."

"That's no problem, I can show you." He shrugged.

Now I was grinning from ear to ear, nudging Lynn teasingly and mouthing at them, "go on."

They shot me an angry look. "I hate you."

"You'll thank me later." I mocked.

They rolled their eyes at me, but not before taking Fred's outstretched hand as he began to explain the many, many rules of Quidditch.

"Still trying to set them up I see?" George asked.

"If I don't do something it'll never happen! They're both just so stubborn." I groaned, "Lynn once argued with me for an hour straight about whether or not tomatoes where a fruit and I'm the one who caved." I pointed at my chest. "Me, queen of stubborness."

George laughed. "Looks like they stole your crown."

"Yeah, I want it back." I grumbled unhappily.

George chuckled. "Now, do you want to play against us or not?" He asked.

I immediately shot up. "Heck yeah! I'd planned on getting more practice in anyways." I said.

Even though Oliver had given up a few more spots for us and Ravenclaw after the incident at Halloween, they where still mostly taken up by him. So we'd never had much time to practice all together as a team. I'd taken this time to practice on my flying and catching, because Merlin knows I was going to need that the most, as well as re-reading the same few Quidditch books we had in the library (which I'm convinced only happened because Oliver had put up a fight for it.)