Chapter Thirty Eight : Álainn

Y/n's POV:

If I'd had to sum the rest of the morning that followed, it was be – frustrating.

Another set of exams where coming in just like they did every year. Everyone else seemed as prepared as possible, but I couldn't even focus long enough to listen to what each teacher had to say.

Because no matter how many times I tried and changed the topic in my head, I somehow always found my way back to what happened last night. My stomach swarmed with nauseating butterflies every time.

It hadn't even been a full twelve hours after our fight... kiss... confession ? until I saw Oliver again. It was harder than I would've thought going through Charms class without thinking about him. Or wondering what he thought, felt, wanted to say.

But the few times I'd looked his way, I found his eyes on me to. And at least this time I knew he wanted to talk, that he wasn't going to avoid. That was progress, I guess.

But just before class ended, and only ten minutes after we communicated through quick glances that we needed to talk after class, Katie Bell ran in. She said something to both the teacher and to Oliver. He groaned in remembrance. They had to leave shortly after.

In all of the inner chaos I'd forgotten it was his game today. Which was unbelievably ironic, I know. When class officially ended, I sighed, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

It didn't take long for Lynn to read me like a book. "What's with you?"

I shook my head. "I'll tell you later. Let's go now so we find a good seat."

After our talk that morning, Lynn insisted that I went to the Gryffindor game. In hopes that just seeing Oliver would help me decipher things – and any feelings I had.

Though I think part of it was so they weren't in the stands alone cheering on their boyfriend.

But whether things with Oliver where going to go they way I'd hoped or not, I knew that would be pissed at myself for missing this game. And not just for him - Fred and George to. Those two had earned this. No matter how annoying they could be.

I bent at angles and curved my body as I shuffled through the crowd. Everybody seemed to adorn some kind of Gryffindor insignia, which made my yellow jumper stick out like a sore thumb. Some people shot me looks. I rolled my eyes, throwing over a Gryffindor scarf to cover it.

"Finally." Lynn groaned.

They'd skilfully secured us two free spaces near the front. I lent against the railing and crossed my arms over my chest. Waiting. A few Slytherin players entered the field, and I knew the game was about to begin.

Lynn glanced at me once and sighed. I couldn't bare to respond as I felt my stomach turn and yearn for a solution. Surprisingly, my thoughts didn't immediately go to Oliver. It was to this morning.

I'd stared at Lynn in silence. What was I going to do? What was I even going to say – to formulate? Because to be honest, I was having a little trouble.

Oliver and I hadn't gotten a second to yourselves for me to figure it out. To figure... us out. Or if there should be an us.

But every time we wanted to talk, we where interrupted. Whether it was classes beginning, Quidditch practice or our friends – everything seemed to be out to stop us. And it made me think. Which might not have been a good thing.

What if we weren't supposed to talk about the situation? What if the universe meant our kiss as a good-bye, rather than the beginning of something new? What if it was protecting us from finding out we'd never work and ending tragically?