Chapter 52 Pt. 2

This final chapter is dedicated to all of you, my lovely readers!

Chapter 52 is dedicated to all the people who have read, the people who are reading and the people who will read in the future!

Thank you so much for all your support❤
--------------------------------------------------------

WILL YOU MARRY ME?

My hands flew to my mouth and I whirled around to see Ashton, kneeling down on one knee in the snow. My heartbeat sped up as he took a small black box out of his pocket. I couldn't breathe. I didn't know what to think.

A cold breeze rippled through my hair, reminding me that time was still moving. Ashton opened the box to reveal a ring whose shimmering diamond sat atop a crop of smaller jewels like a crown. My eyes drifted from the ring to his face and he let out a shaky breath.

"Elizabeth Danielle Seymour, not a day goes by that I don't think of a future where we are together. You're the only one I want to share my life with. I'm perfectly sure of that. You complete me in ways that I could only dream of. I promise to love you now and forever, until my heart stops beating and then even after.

"I can't promise that life is always going to be easy, especially with the responsibilities we'll have, but I know I can face them together with you by my side. You've been my light in the darkest hours and you never stopped believing in me no matter how stupid I was. I love you and I appreciate you in ways I can't even begin to describe.

"Elizabeth, my love, my soulmate, let's put our hearts into each other's hands for life. Will you make me the happiest man in the world and do me the enormous honor of becoming my wife?"

Ashton was proposing. Wait, Ashton just proposed to me! My breath came out in quick white puffs but Ashton was frozen, breathless in trepidation, waiting for my response.

I cupped my hands to my face as my tears flowed down like a river and nodded. My throat was so choked up with emotion I could hardly say anything above a whisper.

"Yes! For you, it's always been yes!" I sobbed.

He let out a breath of relief and smiled. "Good, I'm allowing you to marry me."

"You arrogant jerk," I laughed between my tears.

"That's a weird way to say I love you," he grinned, slipping the promise ring off my finger and replacing it with the engagement ring.

I collapsed in his arms and hugged him and we fell back together in the snow, relishing the surreal, newfound happiness that caressed us. He smiled against me, his heart hammering against his chest. I couldn't believe what just happened. It felt like the most amazing dream.

Ashton and I.

Never in a million years did I think we'd end up here. But I was happy we did. Having him by my side as the pillar of love and strength I needed felt too good to be true. I must be the luckiest girl in the world right now.

Meeting Ashton was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Three years ago, I never would have said that. Ashton was an arrogant jerk and was everything I never wanted. I was the shy, quiet girl. We couldn't stand each other. We were polar opposites, but like magnets, we attracted each other, complementing each other in perfect harmony.

Underneath his rough façade, there was someone kinder and gentler. Someone who understood me even when I couldn't find the words to say. Someone I'd grown to love. The real Ashton DeLorentes, crown prince of the Crysauralian Empire.

I smiled as I gazed into his midnight blue eyes that were brimming with emotion. Honestly, I wouldn't have had it any other way. The soulmate bond was right after all.

A connection as electrifying as lightning.

My heart raced in happiness and a scarlet hue crept up to my cheeks as I thought about him. The sounds of the night animals starting to wake, rhythmically blended in with the rustling of the snow clad trees. Their sweet fragrances perfumed the air around us.

We stood up together, holding each other's hands while we beheld the darkening sky, now stained with a myriad of beautiful colors. Pale blue, orange and pink with dark clouds drifting by. The winter sky in all its glory. I stood on tiptoes and met his lips in a kiss.

"Ashton."

"Elizabeth."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

The story of our love was just beginning and I couldn't wait to drift further into our happily ever after. I couldn't wait to write my love story with him. It's a rare and beautiful thing to find someone who loves you the way that you love them.

Our future was an adventure waiting to be explored. Not a straight path, but one with twists and bumps along the way. It wouldn't be an easy, storm-less fairy tale, but it would be our perfect fairy tale.

My fingertips lightly traced the familar path along his cheek as he stared into my eyes with impassioned, defined adoration. I suppose explosive reactions weren't half bad. This was our perfect chemistry; the chemistry of our soulmate bond.

Even if time ceased to exist, our minds will remember the journey, and our hearts will invariably tell the story of our fated love.

Forever and always.
------------------------------♡----------------------------

Hey lovelies! Thank you so much for reading The Prince's Fiancée! ❤

Here's to the final chapter! Thoughts on it?

Elizabeth and Ashton just got engaged! Did you like the proposal? #AshLiz

Did you enjoy the book? Please let me know what you think! Who was your favorite character? Favorite moment?

After reading the epilogue, let me know if you'd like a third book. The epilogue and author's note will be posted tomorrow!

If you have any questions about this book, please ask them here or PM me. I'll be making a Q&A chapter where I answer all your questions this week.

Leave a comment and a vote❤
See you in the epilogue!