Chapter 29

Welcome to Chapter 29 - I would like to say a massive apology for the delay in updating this story - it's been a combination of a broken keyboard and lost a sense of where this story was heading - on a more positive note can I say a massive thank you for everyone who has read, voted or commented on this story, it has just reached 5k views which is insane. Here is the next chapter, enjoy!!!

Scott POV

As I arrived at the entrance to the Preserve I glance over to where Thomas and Teresa are standing, I can't help but look at them and feel like I am standing her with Stiles and Allison like last time. I shook my needing to focus on what we were looking for, the Nematon.

"So any ideas where it is located? This looks quite a vast area to search, you have found it previously Scott. How did you do it before?" Teresa asks as she takes out two torches from her backpack and hands one to Thomas while holding one herself.

"Last time we had to drown ourselves in metal tubs of ice water and herbs, an evil teacher took out parents to sacrifice them so we made ourselves a type of substitute sacrifice to find them. We ended up been in the water for sixteen hours, personally I don't want to do that again and I don't think we have the time for it." I explained trying to keep the details as vague as possible unsure really how much Stiles had shared with them.

"Don't worry I understand why! We can search this Reserve inch by inch ourselves if needs be." Thomas advises and the look in his eyes makes me realise he does know what had happened before.

"Well Stiles said to go back to the start, the start for us in the Supernatural world is about fifteen minutes or so on foot in that direction. We came out here looking for a dead body and I ended up getting bitten." I advising pointing in the direction of the east side of the Preserve, they both nod before we all set off in that direction.

As we walked I can't help but think of the time Stiles had been taken by the Wild Hunt and I ended up sleeping walking here, all because deep down I still remembered and needed him. What if they have put him in the Maze? Will he even remember who I am? Who any of us are?

"A penny for your thoughts?" Thomas asks as I notice Teresa has sped up slighty in front leaving me and Thomas alone to talk.

"I was just thinking about Stiles and the last time I came here because of him. Stiles had been taken by this Supernatural hunt called the Wild Hunt or Ghost Riders, he was completely erased from existence yet deep down we all knew something was missing." I start explaining realising how easy it was to talk to Thomas, almost the same comfort level that I have with Stiles.

"I ended up sleep walking into this very Preserve as my mind was trying to show me something was missing, it was like I was missing a limb from my body to an extent. Due to Lydia's powers she managed to do automatic writing and managed to give us his name but we couldn't find any records anywhere of him."

"With the Wild Hunt the people that are taken leave behind these reminders of them, relics we called them and for Stiles it was his jeep. Some how from where he was, he managed to make contact with us and even managed to send us a warning, I will still never understand how he did that." I finish off there realising that we had stopped walking while I had been talking but I was lost in my memories I hadn't realised.

I look around where we had stopped and notice we are in the clearing with the Nematon sat in the middle, it's amazing how just a simple tree trunk can cause so much trouble. I look down and notice I am standing on what remains of the Root Cellar trapped door where Jennifer had held Mum, Chris and Sheriff.

"Is that it?" Teresa asks her eyes transfixed on the Nematon as we step closer towards it, she reaches her hand out to touch it but I quickly stop her.

"Not the best idea to do that, this is not just a simple chopped down tree trunk in the middle of the woods. This is a source of both good and terrible evil, whatever Stiles wanted us to find here shouldn't involve us touching the Nematon itself." I explain as Teresa backs away before I start circling the Nematon wondering why here of all places Stiles would send me here.

As I start a second loop around as my foot hits something metal, I lean down and move the leaves from the ground to uncover a metal chain. The last time I saw this was when Void pretending to be Stiles reappeared and Coach get shot with an arrow. What are you up to Stiles?

I gently lift the chain of the ground and slow pull it to uncover more heading away from the Nematon and back towards the Root Cellar trapped door, I carefully keep pulling at it making sure to be cautious of any traps or hidden surprises.

"This is all very cloak and dagger isn't it, where is this leading us anyway?" Thomas asks in a whispers as though worried a loud sound may set of some sort of a trap.

"Honestly we have been through something similar with him before, when he was not himself this is what we found but it ended up trigging a crossbow that shot Coach, funny enough this was also the same chain that fell out of his locker at school." I explain picking up more chain following the links of the chain wondering where it would end as we are now moving quite far away from the Nematon.

"Alright Scott, you know Stiles the best. Where is he taking us?" Teresa asks as I glance around wondering where we could be going but honestly there was so many answers, the old Hale House or Malia's old den or even the bridge where Theo killed his sister.

"There is so many places that this could lead us too that has..." I start but suddenly stop in my tracks as the metal chain comes to an end, I look up at where we are and now I know why Stiles sent us here.

"Scott, why did we suddenly stop for? What is it?" Thomas asks from behind me as I hear him move to stand next to me to look at what I am looking at.

"How did it get here? Why is it here?" I ask not really understanding how it could of got here of all places especially to be here at the exact moment we are sent here.

"Alright I am slightly confused, what is the big significates of this? How does this help us find Stiles?" Teresa asks standing next to Thomas as I slowly walk forward towards it, I take it easy in case I am falling into a trap.

"Roscoe!"

Thank you for reading - new chapter will be up shortly!!!!