3- Nightmares

June 18th, 1996

June 18th, 1996

Elaina stood in the Department of Mysteries with her six friends trying to fight off as many Death Eaters as they possibly could. Harry held on tight to the prophecy that Lucius Malfoy was trying to take from him. Elaina was dueling Alecto Carrow when suddenly white smoke filled the room when members of The Order of the Phoenix showed up to help with the fight. She threw a spell at Carrow causing her to go flying through the air. "Dad!" She called out running up to Sirius and embracing him. "Hello darling, I'd love to chat but I think we need to fight right now." She nodded turning her attention back to the Death Eaters in the room.

Spells continued to fly across the dark stone room. She was now dueling Antonin Dolohov when she noticed both Harry and her father were dueling Malfoy near the empty archway in the center of the room. She heard her father call out, "Nice one James!" mistakenly calling Harry by his father's name. She quickly became distracted when another spell was shot out, but it wasn't aimed at her. "Stupefy!" Bellatrix's wand was aimed at her cousin. That second felt like it lasted forever as she watched her father make eye contact with her one last time before he fell backward into the archway.

The room was then filled with screams from Harry and herself. They both tried to get to the archway but she was held back by Tonks as Harry was held back by Remus. She heard Harry break free and he made his way towards Bellatrix. Elaina, on the other hand, continued to make her way towards the arch. She heard a faint "I killed Sirius Black" chant coming from the hall. Dolohov took her vulnerability to his advantage as he threw one last curse at her. "Crucio!" She screamed out, falling to the ground in excruciating pain as her body began to burn and itch in every possible way. Her skin felt like it was being ripped apart causing tears to stream from her eyes. The pain then stopped. Tonks threw a spell at Dolohov to stop his concentration and he disapparated.

May 2nd, 1998

The battle had moved into the Great Hall at Hogwarts. There were spells flying everywhere, debris coming from the walls, and dead and injured wizards littered the floor. Elaina then saw Bellatrix from across the room, adding people to her kill list. She ran toward Bellatrix and shot a spell at her back, causing her to turn around. "Well isn't the daughter of my blood traitor cousin." She said with a wicked grin on her face. "You should come home and be a true member of The Noble House of Black." Elaina shook her head no. "No. I'll never buy into your sick, twisted family ideals." Bellatrix sent her an evil smirk. "Really? Because I can think of one way to convince you. Imperio!" She shot the curse at Elaina and she no longer had any controls over her actions, as she tried to resist as much as she could.

The fighting was restricted to the students who were 16 and older, but somehow a boy in Year 4 was wandering around trying to fight as best he could. Bellatrix noticed him and smirked. "Use the Cruciatus Curse on him." "No" Elaina whispered, trying her best to continue resisting her. But it was no use when Elaina felt her wand rise into the air. With her wand pointed at him and tears in her eyes she whispered "Crucio".