9- Returning The Favor

Friday finally rolled around and Elaina could not be more excited

Friday finally rolled around and Elaina could not be more excited. After Bucky left her den the other night, she quickly ran upstairs to tell Nat and Wanda the news. Nat and Wanda had their suspicions that the two were interested in each other, and now they couldn't believe it was finally happening.

    As Elaina was getting ready a note slid under her door. Her eyebrows furrowed as she went to pick it up. 'Can't wait to see you. Make sure to pack a bathing suit, I'll meet you downstairs. x- JBB'. She smiled down at the note and put it on her dresser. She quickly rethought about her outfit and threw on a simple black bathing suit with a pair of shorts and a loose fitted button up shirt. Once she was dressed she quickly slipped on her shoes and headed downstairs.

    When she got to the kitchen she noticed Bucky packing a picnic basket with all different types of food. He looked up at her and smiled before handing her a bouquet of flowers. "You didn't have to do this." She said, accepting the sunflowers. He just shrugged with a smile still plastered on his face. "How did you know sunflowers were my favorite?" "I didn't. I just thought you seemed like the type of girl who thinks roses are too cliche." She laughed at his response. "You are absolutely right about that."

    After Elaina placed the large basket in her bag, she strapped it on her back and followed Bucky outside to his bike. "Ever been on a motorcycle before?" He asked, handing her a helmet. "It's been a while. My dad used to have one." They both hopped on the bike and Elaina gripped Bucky's waist tightly as he sped away.

    They rode around for about ten minutes before Bucky pulled off to an open field that had a large pond and trees not too far away. They set up the blanket and sat down to eat. When they were done, Elaina stood up and started to strip to her swimsuit, getting ready to jump in the pond.

    When Bucky follows suit, that's when he notices her tattoos. Of course he remembers her talking about them and he had seen the sun one before while she was a dog. The constellation must have been covered by fur.

    "The dog constellation tattoo makes sense now." He said to her as they walked in the water. "Was it hard?" "Was what hard?" "Learning to become a dog?" "Oh yes, very difficult. A lot of steps, one including holding a leaf in your mouth for a month! That was probably the most difficult part."

    The two had swam for hours talking about her life in the wizarding world and his life with Steve in the forties. They had kept close to each other the entire time, whether they were splashing each other or holding hands. There was no moment where anything felt weird or awkward, not even when he held her in his arms when they moved deeper in the water and her feet couldn't touch the ground. Their connection was effortless.

    "Did you have a favorite part of today so far?" He asked her. Elaina thought for a moment before she answered, "Probably the bike ride." Bucky instantly knew why. "You miss him don't you? Your dad?" She gave a sad smile and nodded, "Everyday." Bucky knew how much Sirius meant to Elaina, she talked about him all the time.