Question

(edited)

Y/N'S POV

I woke up and and reached for my phone but something was restricting me. Clay. He looked so cute sleeping. I mean not to be creepy. I wedged one of my arms out of his grasp and got my phone.

11:26am

I put my phone back down and carefully got out of bed. Unfortunately I woke up clay in the process.

"What are doing?"

"I gotta go make breakfast. What do you want?"

"Mhm. You"

"Haha very funny."

"I'm not kidding."
He looked at me with a completely straight face.
"At least cuddle with me?"

"10 more minutes clay"

"30."

"20."

"25"

"Fine"
I laid back down on the bed. Clay cuddled into my chest and I played with his hair while humming.
I felt him drift off to sleep. Or I at least thought he did.

"I love you clay"
I whispered

"I love you too"
He mumbled

I tensed up a bit but soon calmed down.
After about 30 minutes I got out of bed again. This time not waking clay. I went out to the kitchen and started making some breakfast.

I flipped the last pancake and put it on the plate with the other ones. I then went back to my room to see clay sprawled across my bed.
I chuckled and jumped on the bed. I stood on the edge and fell forward landing on top of him.

"Wake up Franklin!"

I heard a groan come from him and turned over to face me.

"Fuck off"

"Fine then. More pancakes and sausage for me"
I said and got off the bed leaving the room

"Wait..."
I poked my head back into my room
"What kind of pancakes?"

"Chocolate chip"

"Ohh"

He quickly got up and ran past me into the kitchen where the food was. I laughed as I followed behind him.

I walked in to see home making 2 plates for us.
He sat them on the table and pulled out a chair for me.

"M'lady"

"Why thank you luv"

"Thank you for cooking"
He said with a quick pec on the lips.

"Of course"

We sat ate in comfortable silence.
We finished eating and clay cleaned up the dishes for me.

"Thank you for cleaning"

"Anytime. What do you wanna do today?"

"Umm I don't know. You need to take care of patches"

"My sisters got that under control"

"Mhh when did you plan that?"

"After the beach when you where showering"

"Mmmh. I don't know what to do today then"

"Beach?"

"We did that yesterday. Didn't end well"

"Ohh how about we go to the park. It'd be nice to just go on a nice walk. Maybe a picnic?"
He said coming up and hugging me from behind.

"Mhm sound quite nice actually."

"Well then, let's get ready"

We walked back to my room and both got dressed. Clay wore some clothes that he had left here another time he stayed over.

After about an hour we left and walked to a near by park. We got there and walked down a cute path that wrapped around the large park. There were kids playing and riding bikes and scooters racing each other.
I couldn't help but smile at them. I really can't wait to have kids and a family. I held onto to clays hand while we walked.

CLAY'S POV

We were walking down the path and I saw y/n's eye light up as soon as she saw the kids racing each other. She looked so adorable. She always talked about having a big family. I loved seeing how her face lit up when she talked about it.
It made me feel so warm inside. God I love that girl.

-I'm gonna ask her today. I have to-

We kept walking and eventually walked the whole circle. We stopped at the swings.

"I'm totally gonna swing higher than you"

"Haha no way In hell is that happening"
I then kicked off

I lost...

We got off and went back to the car and pulled out a big blanket and some snacks. We then made our way over the big field that took place on the other side of the playground.
I laid out the blanket and y/n set the snacks down.
I sat down and y/n laid her head in my lap.
We talked and joked for a couple hours.
We were both now laying down on our blanket.
Y/n was cuddled into my chest and I was playing with her hair.

-do it now clay. Come on you got this-

"Hey y/n?"

"Yeah clay?"

"I have a question"

"And that is"

I sat up and she did as well. I looked her in the eye. The nerves started kicking in.

"What do you want for dinner"

-fuck. Me.-

"Oh...um. I don't know. But, how about we stay at your place tonight. Give your sister a break from taking care of patches."

"Okay sounds good. You cool with pizza?"

"Yeah sounds good"

We picked everything up and went back to the car.
We went back to my place and tuned on frozen 2.
The rest of the night I was beating my self up about not asking y/n what I actually wanted to ask her.

We ordered pizza and binge watch movies the rest of the night. Just enjoying each other's company.