Cassie Cage: Squadmate (Male Reader)

You and your squad just arrived from a mission in Outworld. Your group smelled of blood, sweat, and tears as you disembarked from your helicopter. "Holy shit, that was one hell of a ride." Cassie said. You smiled over at her as you coughed, tired and burnt out. "Can't wait for an ice-cold drink." you said. Cassie laughed along with you as the two of you walked alongside each other. 

You always liked Cassie. And yes, in more ways than just friends. Remember that time she caught you staring and just smiled at you? That just made you like her even more. You yearned for her. You wanted her. You wanted more of her.

So much more...

Your squad went into your barracks. After doing your usual after-mission routine; taking a bath and cleaning up, you went to your bunk and laid down. The rest of your team left for the cafeteria, except Cassie. She stayed behind, and she was in the bunk next to yours, reading a novel. 

You decided to strike up a conversation, maybe it was time to make your move.

"What're you reading?" you asked, sitting up and looking at Cass. She moved her eyes over to you, her gaze sending tingles through you. "Oh, this? It's Jack Reacher, Never Go Back." she said, pointing at the book. "Oh man, I love Lee Childs stuff. You need to read Killing Floor, if you haven't that is." you said. She smiled at you as she sat up, setting the book down by her side.

"So, how're you feeling?" she asked. "Still kind of tired, to be honest. I'm just glad we got out alive." you said. "Yeah, same here." Cassie muttered. Now was your moment.

"Cassie, ummm, I wanna ask you something." you said, scratching the back of your head. You felt your heartbeat speed up and you got nervous suddenly. "Uhuh, what is it Y/N?" she asked, leaning forward with a curious look on her face. "I uhhhh, can we, go out on a date?" you said. 

You saw her face light up and a slight smile trailed her lips. Cassie went silent for a moment, making you worry that you messed something up. "Cass? Did I say someth-" you get shut up when Cass jumps at you, crashing her lips onto yours. Your eyes widen for a moment as you tense up, not registering what is happening. Finally you melt into the kiss as you fall over, back to the bed and Cassie on top. Her lips tasted of cherry and they were as tender as the softest pillows in the world. You moved your palm to her cheek, cupping them softly as the two of you kissed. Her scent filled your nostrils as you savored every movement, every kiss, every touch.

Cassie pulled away, breaking the kiss as the two of you stared into each others eyes.

"It was about time you asked me that."