Kitana: Curtain Call (Male Reader)

"No!"

Kitana screamed out as Shinnok drove a sword through your chest. You felt your whole world stop. You saw the metal piercing through your chest covered in your crimson blood.

Shinnok left the sword in you, letting you fall to the ground as he grabbed his amulet to finish Kitana. You felt your near lifeless body fall, your eyes still trained on Kitana. Your life flashed before your eyes, and you were brought back to the moment Kitana changed your life.

Flashback

"How was it?" you inquired, asking Kitana about the dish you cooked for her on valentine's day. "Delicious. As is anything you cook, really." she said, smiling at you. You smiled back as you started to clean up the kitchen.

Kitana walked up behind you, wrapping her arms around you and hugging you from behind. She put her head on your shoulder as you wiped away at the countertop.

"Y/N, I need to tell you something." she muttered softly. "What is it, Kitana?" you said, still wiping the countertop.

"I love you." she said. You felt your heart stop, and so did your wiping. You put down the rag and faced Kitana.

"Kitana, you, you really mean that?" you said. She smiled at you and leaned in closer to you.

"I do."

She leaned in and gently pushes her lips onto yours. You kiss her back ardently as you wrap your arms around her, pulling her in even closer.

She breaks the kiss, your foreheads touching and your eyes closed in your little intimate moment.

"I love you too, Kitana."

You flash back to the present. You hear lightning around you. You peered your eyes up, seeing Raiden standing over Shinnoks body.

You could faintly hear Kitanas shouts as she ran to you. You felt her grab you in her arms, begging for help.

"Y/N! Please stay with me!" she shouted, tears falling down her face as she cradled you. You stared into your lovers eyes, bringing all your strength to touch her face, one last time.

"You... are so beautiful..." you muttered weakly as a faint smile formed on your face. "Please, don't leave me... I can't... I can't live without you!" Kitana said, clutching your hand in hers. "Of course you can, you're... strong, Kitana."

You said, taking in the last that you would see of your beloved.

"I love you... so much..."

Your vision started blurring, and your hearing started dying. Kitanas faint cries were the last thing you heard.

"No, no, no! Y/N!"