Chapter 28

Alizeh

It started with fate

And ended with my heart

And this, my pretty reckless rival, is how

our fucked up story starts.

I drag Ace to my house to confront my apparent step-mother. He tells me it's a bad idea but I pay no heed and glare at him.

"It's cute that you think your glare scares me baby." He kisses both my eyes and smirks.

I push him away, take a deep breath as he holds my hand firmly. I try to wiggle it away but he holds it so tightly that it hurts. So I give in.

She opens the door with a smile and her grin falters when she sees the both of us.

"W-What are you doing here?" she stammers.

No hi, hello, you are back?

I push her aside and sit on the sofa, legs crossed, my hands still tightly held by Ace. I curse him as he winks back. He looks so delicious in his black t-shirt that I kiss his neck.

Focus.

"When did you come back baby? she asks me as her eyes dart between me and him.

"You guys are finally together!' she exclaims as she comes to hug us, I put my palm forward.

"Why did you lie to dad?" I ask. Ace looks at me incredulously. Did he expect me to start with some foreplay?

"What do you mean?" She says, suddenly nervous.

"You are my real mother. So why did you create this drama?" I ask as her eyes turn wide.

Ace's hand wrestle my fingers.

"The birth certificate you gave him was fake." I say.

What does she think? The first thing I check would, of course, be the authenticity of the document. It is hilarious how dunderheads like my dad could end up ruling the entire business in India.

"Why did you make him believe that someone else was my mother?" I ask again.

"Baby, I think you-"

"Listen, Millie, I really don't have any time or patience for this bull shit. Sooner or later you would come out, please don't make me threaten you." Ace says as my mother gapes at him. Regret wishing we end up together don't you, mother darling?

"How dare you disrespect me. I am your-"

I get up and take a breath. "Ace, let's go and have a chit-chat with dad."

"No no no. Wait." she shouts as we walk away.

"I am your real mother not Liza." she says as I smirk and turn around. I grip Ace's jacket harshly waiting to learn how much more can my life fuck me in the ass.

"I did this because I didn't have an option. I wanted to marry Viaan, your father. He cheated on his girlfriend, Liza with me. We just spent a night together and I fell in love with him."

"With his money you mean." I sneer as Ace stamps on my foot.

She ignores me.

"I got to know I was pregnant with his child a week later. I knew he would never want a child with me so I stayed away from him for nine months. Five months after you were born, I got to know Liza and him broke up a year back. I sent him a letter from Liza's side telling him that she was pregnant and her child was born."