Chapter 31

We both push past the media and walk into the hospital. Ace looks like he is going to visit a new life not bury a dead one. Actually no, Ace would be more horrified with a new one than a dead one, if I think about it.

We stop in front of the room, where we hear two prominent voices screaming at each other.

I take a huge breath and open the door as Ace follows me behind. Riya, Armaan's girlfriend comes and hugs him as tightly as she can but he tries to push her away. I glare at him pointedly and he pats her back. The police officer notes every single detail of the situation like it could remove all the global warming in the world.

The officer looks at Ace suspiciously. I don't blame him because Ace gives the 'Don't talk, kill it' vibe. Whereas I am more like 'smile at everyone you meet and then plan to kill them' person.

"She killed my wife" Armaan declares, pointing his index finger to Riya.

She is so shocked and out of her mind that she is almost shivering. I pity her. You can see the amount of love she had for him but have no doubt it was never reciprocated. Poor girl didn't know Rathore men are vultures. The most conniving ones.

Ace looks at his dad like he wants to turn his murder into an art form for everyone to see.
The policeman comes in between them and tells them to take the body and hold a funeral. There is no doubt that he is being dictated by Armaan, who doesn't want a whole lot of examination on her body.

I remember the time when I was almost six and had seen him for the first time. He hated me since then but I liked him and was desperate for his attention.

I once asked him if I can call him my dad because my dad hates me. The look he gave me scarred me enough to never speak to him again. Ace had mocked me endlessly for it. He had also wiped my tears and told me if I cried he would put lizards in my pillow when I sleep. So I quickly stopped crying and giving him the nastiest look my six year self could muster. These looks were only reserved for him and I had used up almost all of them.

But then I also heard Ace fighting with his dad for me when he thought I was asleep. His dad had grounded him for a week but he took it like a champ. For me.
I was so happy that my crush did that for me. But then the next day, he ruined it by sneaking into my house and putting three fake lizards in my blanket when I was asleep.

I screamed till I lost my voice. He told me it was a punishment for crying at night. I still don't know how he got to know because I had closed all my curtains.

I am pulled out of my thoughts when the doctor comes inside the room.
"The heart attack wasn't natural. I found drugs in her blood that conditioned her to act this way." He says with a dramatic pause.
There is absolutely no one in this room who seemed astonished by this information. It was warranted.

"There were certain pills found in her blood which were given to her regularly for three months." The doctor continued, irritated with the lack of emotions on our faces.

"This rules me out completely because I wasnt home for quite some time." Armaan quickly adds with a smirk on his face.

"What a ridiculous statement. But if you think deeper, a great way to hide a crime is to hide yourself the time you commit it." Ace taunted.

"There is a big chance that you killed her. Don't think I have no clue that you have been snooping for answers." Armaan bites and the doctor gawks at how dysfunctional this family is.

I look at his face and I am reminded of the time we went to an amusement park with Sia. I was nine and she had forced me and Ace to reconcile for at least a day.
Surprisingly we had got along okay. We had a mutual agreement that Ace wouldn't push my ice cream to the ground if I rode his favourite roller coaster.

It didn't matter that I almost threw up at him. We were doing well. Not close to happy. But still, life had been much better before.

hey guys, for all of you, who read my previous chapter before this one was published, please read Chapter 30 again. I made a few changes in the details according to how I wanted my storyline to go.

this time a smaller chapter because I just had a family emergency!!!!
STAY SAFE XOXO